Cody Meacham: 2011 Harvest Court Queen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Campbell chapter.

In all likelihood, Cody Meachem is a familiar face to nearly all Collegiettes™ around Campbell. This Collegiette™ is actively involved in many organizations on campus, from Campus Actvity Board to Campus Recreation. In addition to being named this week’s Campus Celebrity, Cody was crowned Homecoming Queen this fall.  

What is your major and what year are you?
            Trust and Wealth Management Pre-Law

Where are you from?
             Ellerbe, NC  

Please tell me a little bit about yourself.
              I am heavily involved in life around Campbell. I work for Campus Recreation as a supervisor, Mentor Coordinator for the School of Business, and Vice President for Campus Activity Board

What do you like most about Campbell?
        I love the small class sizes and close-knit community atmosphere.

What do you hope to do when you graduate?
          I hope to find a job in the financial industry. If that plan falls through I will go back to school to pursue a higher degree.

What is your Bucket List Top 3?
            My bucket list top 3 would have to be snorkel around the Great Barrier Reef, travel to all 50 states in the US, and celebrate our 50th anniversary with the love of my life, Matt Blades.

What are your hobbies?
             I love to spend my free time gardening, fishing, and cleaning.

What was your favorite part of the Homecoming week celebrations?
            I have actually never been to a Campbell football game, so my favorite part of the week was definitely the football game. Our team pulling off a huge win against San Diego was fantastic!! And of course being named Homecoming Queen was an added bonus!

What was your reaction after being crowned Queen?
          I was in complete shock! This was my first year ever, being on the Harvest Court and winning the crown was amazing. I am so grateful to everyone that voted! My birthday was actually Friday, so the Gala Friday night and winning Harvest Court Saturday simply made my birthday this year.

What is your favorite movie?
         Kung Fu Panda is one of my favorite movies! My favorite character is Po the panda!

Senior Robert Mitchell was Cody’s Homecoming escort. Senior Dew Yoder was crowned Homecoming King.

“I was fortunate enough to be Cody Meacham’s escort during the 2011 Harvest Court festivities. She found the convertible, and she even bought the candy. During the parade procession, she said, “I wish I would have bought more candy to give away.” In proper context, this shows how big of a heart she has and how she thought about the kids who stood along the parade route since there was plenty of candy to give away. During the half-time show, she was poised and graceful. I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to win, but my personal disappointment of not winning didn’t last too long once Cody’s name was called. When her name was called, she was very comfortable in her own skin at that moment. I turned to her and said,  “Omg, you won!” She was humble and appreciative, even in victory. Cody won 2011 Homecoming Queen because her Campbell cohort knew what I only learned that day: her sincerity, her winning personality, and her warm nature shines at the moment of initial greeting.” 
Robert Mitchell

Brittney is a sophomore Healthcare Management major with a minor in Spanish at Campbell University. She is active with Campus Ministries, including teaching a Bible Study and attending Wednesday night worship. Born and raised in the Bible belt, Brittney is from a small town, King, NC, in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Some of her favorite things are cooking, watching movies, shopping, finding new recipes and creative things on the Internet. Brittney enjoys spending time with her friends and traveling as much as possible.