This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

Angel Hart Funk is a sophomore Communication studies major with a concentration in public relations. Funk’s hometown is California, Pennsylvania where Cal U resides. She is a bubbly person who motivates those around her and shares her positive energy with as many people as she can. She is passionate about many things and excited about expanding her professional and personal networks. 

Funk’s resume seems to be miles long already, though she always strives to do more. Needless to say, she is involved in a lot. She is a sister of Alpha Sigma Tau where she is the Panhellenic Delegate. She is also involved in Alpha Lambda Delta, the University Honors Program where she is an peer mentor for other honors students.

Funk is a Campus Expansion Assistant intern with Her Campus and she is the Vice President for the HC Cal U chapter. Funk is a staff writer for the Cal Times, a member of the Society of Professional Journalists chapter at Cal U and an orientation leader.

Funk is very involved with WCAL, the on campus radio station, where she is not only a DJ, but is also the assistant business director. In this role she assists with sponsership communication, fundraising and organizing events. She also acts as a Cal Times Correspondent, she writes in the Cal Times on behalf of WCAL, and she is the imaging director for WCAL managing their social media and acting as the graphic designer for the station. 

Funk initially planned on becoming a physicist but she decided to study communications instead. After college Funk hopes to attend graduate school for community relations and go into public service. Her ideal job is to work in communications for the government, a city, etc. and go on to become a professor. Her dream job, however, is to become secretary of state.

In her free time, Funk enjoys volunteering with her sororities philanthropies Habitat for Humanity and Ronald McDonald House. She also enjoys spending time with her boyfriend and the two cats that they rescued- Maple and Mimzy. Funk says that she is most like Leslie Knope and that her friends often refer to her as Leslie. 

Funk is a valuable member of our campus community and a cherished part of the Her Campus Cal U team. 

I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.