“All Lives Matter” at Cal U’s Drag Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

On Tuesday, Oct. 18 California University of Pennsylvania held it’s annual drag show. The evening was full of lip-syncing, death drops, and flips. The show began at 8:00 p.m. and consisted of the host, Lola Lecroix, and five other performers.

Drag Queen Danyel Vasquez ran after a young straight male who ran away from Vasquez out of discomfort.

“Men like that are the ones who are on craigslist every night. Wear a condom ladies. All lives matter. You can’t mess with a drag queen sweetie,” Drag Queen Vasquez said.

“I don’t know if I was there for that. That’s a pretty strong statement though.” stated Jess Crosson, a Public Relations student. 

Besides Vasquez’s all lives matter advertisement most Cal U students enjoyed the drag show.

Daphne Rechtorik, 21 of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania said, “The show was entertaining, raunchy, and overall a good time. I literally did not expect all of those flips in the third act.”

The show consisted of ten acts. Some of the Drag Queens performed twice, while a select few performed once. Lecroix opened and the closed the show. Lecroix made sure the audience screamed out in laughter between every act with sly and adult humor.

Theatre Major Amelia Wisinski explained that she thought it was absolutely amazing. Wisinski was “glad Cal U gave students the experience to see the show.” Wisinski was cheering and jamming the whole time and loved every minute of it.

CalU hosts a drag show every semester, and it seems to be a Cal U favorite. Lecroix asked the audience what school she was at and explained she’s been traveling a lot and forgets where she is often. When the crowd answered Lecroix said, “Cal U is the best…I say that at every school.”

The students and general public are looking forward to the next Drag Show to come to Cal U. Lola Lecroix and her hand picked choice of Drag Queens travel to schools around the state of Pennsylvania to perform. Lecroix informed the audience that she loves to visit different colleges and it’s one of her favorite type of performances.

I am a current English student with a concentration in journalism. I enjoy writing, art, and theatre. Feminist.
I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.