5 Perfect Outfits for Thanksgiving Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

With thanksgiving break just around the corner, you may be starting to think about stuffing your face with some of your favorite foods and enjoying the comfort of home and family. You may not have started thinking about what to wear for thanksgiving dinner yet, but don’t worry, here are 5 perfect outfit for your day!

This first outfit is a little more formal without being overly dressy. If you and your family wear more than just sweats for your thanksgiving dinner this is a great option. A dress in a rich color looks great for this time of year. Pair it with some little booties it adds a little something to this outfit.

A nice sweater, jeans, and some riding boots are super cute for your holiday celebrations. The outfit will be comfortable while you’re eating and lounging around and it’s also a little dressier than just a tshirt and jeans.

Thanksgiving is a day all about food so you’ll probably want to be comfier when you’re packing down plates of turkey and potatoes. Jeans can be a little constrictive if you want to eat your fill so wearing leggings can be a cute alternate, plus it won’t hurt if you’re bloated to no end!

If it’s a little bit warmer, despite it being november, or you know how warm the house gets with the oven on for hours and hours, a tshirt is a great solution so that you’re not sweating your way through dinner. Pairing a plain tee with a colored lace halter bralette adds some intricate detail to your outfit but it is still simple enough to not be overdressed.

For something a little warmer if you tend to run on the cold side, pair a bold colored sweater with a blanket scarf and jeans. Blanket scarves are all the rage right now, they’re so warm and so fashionable. The outfit will look great in any pictures you take with your cousins and will keep you warm all throughout the evening!

No matter what your thanksgiving day plans will be, looking cute while being completely comfortable for hours of food and laughter is definitely important. These are just some suggestions but there plenty of great outfits to be picked out for one of the best days of the year!

I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.