What Your Cal State LA Study Spot Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

J.F.K. Library 

You’re a classic college student believing the classic college clichés. Who cares what anyone says, the library is still the best place to study. Walk past the noisy first floor and you’re treated to the wonderful view from the bridge between the Main wing and Palmer wing, table space for all your flashcards, and sweet, sweet silence.  

Cross Cultural Centers

You’re social and passionate, which matches the environment of the CCC. You love the open and bright atmosphere and study best with a group. Not to mention the constant access to microwaves and tutors right in the vicinity! 

Greenlee Plaza 

When the weather is bright and full of sunshine, you don’t hesitate to step outside. Greenlee Plaza provides just the right amount of privacy with the joy of being free from the classroom environment. Plus, no electrical outlets means time to unplug from technology. Oh, the bliss.   

Food Court 

Snacking helps get you through studying and you can’t study without your snacks! You are always quick to grab a table in the food court to review Political Science while eating Rice Garden. Nothing is better than direct access to food and the ability to put on your earphones to block out the noise. 

King Hall Computer Labs 

You can’t help that you are addicted to technology! It’s so impossible to live without it, nevertheless study without it! When you don’t feel like bringing your laptop to school, you instantly rush to any of the computer labs for printing and all the Google searches that you would ever need.  

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez
Angeline is a dual major in Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations at California State University, Los Angeles. Being a Staff Reporter for The University Times, a writing tutor, and a Golden Eagle Radio Talk Show Host for the Her Campus inspired show: "Head Over Heels" are among the many things she is involved with on campus. She dreams of becoming a news reporter someday like Christiane Amanpour or Ann Curry but until then, documents her journalism journey on her blogs, "The Roaring 20's" and "On the Record," which you can find at angelinebernabe.wordpress.com. When she's not busy, she loves to paint, read, eat at all the hip L.A. spots, and try her hand at cooking new dishes.