burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Universally Flattering Pieces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Magazines are always telling us what looks great on what kind of body. They may know what they are talking about, but sometimes we want to wear other things that are outside the style according to our body shape. Instead of looking at problem areas and telling you how to fix them and hide them, we are giving you this lucky number 7 list that anyone can wear and look great.

Trench Coat

The trench coat is such a timeless piece that you can always count on for cold weather. Chances are we already have one in our closets; we just never knew it was built for all types of body shapes!

Paneled Dress

This piece right here is going to be your date night go-to piece. The panels in the dress help slim down anyone who wears it. This powerful weapon will make you feel sexy and confident in the matter of seconds.

Crisp Button-Down

Another piece you probably already have in your closet is the crisp button-down. It is a day to night top that virtually goes well with any number of outfits.

A-Line Skirt

The most classic of all cuts in skirts, the A-line is great for all shapes. This is a particularly feminine piece so it’s a great idea to be playful with it.

Motorcycle Jacket

This very bold piece can make any outfit edgy and cool. Because it’s a thick fabric, you can layer it down with softer pieces underneath it and also play with the femininity and masculinity of it.

Tailored Blazer

A smart find is the tailored blazer. Many think it is only a good idea to wear this piece with formal attire, but recently we see that they go well with casual wear as well.

Pointed Heels

One of the reasons we wear high heels is to either look taller, or seem like we have long legs. There is no other shoe better than the pointed heel to make that happen for any body shape at all. If you want to go to the next level, you can wear some that are the same shade as your skin.

Roxana is a Senior at California State University, Los Angeles majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is in process of completing three other certificates: Retailing, Marketing, and Social Media. She is a fashion columnist for the campus newspaper, University Times, and is the former President of the Fashion Association of Design Students. As a fashion enthusiast, she follows countless numbers of blogs and magazines, loves food and cooking, dancing Latin music, and spending time with her family and friends.
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez