This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Summer is around the corner and it’s time to bring out our skirts, shorts, dresses, hats, bikinis, and everything else we missed during the cold season. Your fashion guru is here to show you some ideas to keep you looking chic and fabulous during the hot season. 

Your lightest colors are back on, that means your yellows, pinks, oranges, and whites. If you’re like me and can’t resist wearing black, mix and match your colors and blacks. You’ll definitely look like a bad babe. Check out my board up above for style inspo; I would wear any of them. My favorites are the flowery crop top, the white skirt, crazy shades, and beach wavy hair. It’s definitely a cute outfit for those Sunday Funday’s. My other fav is the Moschino bra top, Moschino panties under the jeans, the black blazer and the shades. This will win over a lot of folks during those summer pool/rooftop parties. 

Dresses are your best friend for the summer. Who doesn’t like to let their legs breathe? The little bit of wind will go through your legs and make you feel cool. You can go as casual as you want with some sandals, have a street style look with some sneakers, or fashion diva with a pair of your favorite booties. 

Hats and sunnies are your life savers, and you can wear them with anything! Floppy hats, especially black, are easy to pair with anything. I prefer the biggest and floppiest hat you have. I like to have a mysterious vibe to my look when the hat covers some of my face. Makes people wonder who I am.

We all love our Los Angeles beaches, and we want to look amazing in our beach wear, right? This is where cover ups come in handy, because you can walk around the beach without feeling too exposed. Plus, it’s a fun tease for the boys! I love coverups because they come in so many different styles, and you can honestly walk around the board walks at Long Beach or Santa Monica and make people’s heads turn. I personally like long coverups, because it shows your figure, which makes it scandalous. I personally love Triangl swimwear because their colors pop. They also have sleek black ones too, which looks AH-MAZING. Put that under a cover up and you’ll be the hottest babe at the beach. 

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez