New Chapter for Karolyna Torres

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Name: Karolyna Torres

Age: 22

Major: Math major

Year: 3rd year Transfer

Hometown: Hollister, California

Relationship status: Single

Describe yourself in three words:

Awkward. Determined. And let’s go with Friendly.

What does your daily routine look like?

I wake up. Obviously get ready. And I come to school, study, Netflix, and trying to get back in the gym.

Are you involved on campus?

Now I am! I just joined Alpha Sigma Tau. So far it’s been fun.

Name one crazy life experience that happened to you recently.

Moving away from home. It was scary because I didn’t know what to expect and I still don’t know what to expect. Moving here, I hope that I fall in love with the city and school and that I’m able to start my own new chapter here without going back home and going back to everyone else.

What is your favorite place in L.A.?

My house! More than anything else.

Who is your role model?

Okay, it is very typical. But my role model is my mom. She always taught me to never give up no matter what the circumstances are and if something knocks you down just get right back up and do it ten times better. I follow it to the heart.

What is your favorite food?

Mhm, chicken. Anything with chicken, I’m good with that!

Describe your dream date.

Dinner. Go to the beach. Just hangout and talk and get to know each other more.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Five years, I hopefully see myself as a teacher. I hope to teach Precalculus to 11th grade or 12th graders.  I hope to still in living in Los Angeles. If not, probably back around home or in the bay area.  I want to develop younger minds, hopefully they get a new love for math like I did.

What’s your favorite thing about Cal State LA?

All the friendly people and the diversity. I feel like I’ve made new friends being here.

If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Blake Shelton “The More I Drink.” It is so funny! If you listen to the song you’ll understand. 

Kammile Whitener

Cal State LA '18

Film and Business Enthusiast. Love the best of both worlds. 
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez