My Time at Paley Fest: “Scandal”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

In the month of March, Paley Center for Media hosted their annual Paley Fest in Los Angeles. Paley Fest and Her Campus came together to raffle off tickets on the Her Campus Instagram account. I had the amazing opportunity in winning tickets to Scandal night! (omg! Scandal!)

Being in the same building as Kerry Washington, Shonda Rhimes, Scott Foley and more felt surreal. I was a total fangirl the whole night! LOL I took a fellow Scandal fan, both of us together were screaming and wooing the entire time. Both of us having major crushes on Scott Foley only deepened our love for the night and him!

The event began with an early preview of the episode “I See You,” followed by discussion of what just occurred in the episode. This allowed for the cast and audience to examine the characters and how they’ve developed in the season. Spoilers! Abby dethrones Cyrus, Olivia spies on Jake’s fiancee, Huck almost kills someone again.

The best part of the night was definitely the Q & A with the cast and creator. Many questions aimed at Shonda Rhimes, of course. Questions including: What inspires her when writing? How influenced will Rhimes writing be with the upcoming election? Is Olivia ever going to tell Fitz about the abortion?

If only I could go back to that wonderful night of Scandal. Until next time Paley Fest. (I’ll miss you Kerry, Shonda, & Scott! xoxo)

Kammile Whitener

Cal State LA '18

Film and Business Enthusiast. Love the best of both worlds. 
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez