nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Me Time During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

We’re on eighth week at Cal State LA. In other words, finals week is upon us. That means you’re at your wits end from one step away of stressing yourself out. Catching up on readings, creating a study guide, and finishing up assignment can become a stressful time for you or anyone. So, instead of planning a To Do List, plan some ME TIME.

We’ve grown a custom that having a time for yourself can be selfish or not right when you have responsibilities as a student and an adult. But it’s not wrong to have some time to care for you; it doesn’t need to be a day it can simply be two or three hours of taking a break.

Having some time for you can bring up some guilt, but leave can of thinking out of your head. No one can tell you when or how you should have time for only you.

Since finals are coming soon, here are some Me Time advice you can have to satisfy your time:

Me Time One: Go to the Hair Salon

Getting a new haircut style, highlights or even dyeing your hair is a way treating yourself in feeling good. Even if you don’t want a new hairdo, getting a simple haircut to cut of spilt ends is simple way of treating yourself in looking good. Think about caring for yourself at the moment. 

Me Time Two: Take Yourself on a Date

Usually, social standards state that being alone seems sad. The heck with those social standards. Going to the movies or dinner alone doesn’t mean that you’re lonely or sad; you’re taking care of yourself to be more relaxed and able to think clearly where no can bother you. So, think about going to the movies or dinner. 

Me Time Three: Have a Mani or Padi

Nothing says fun like having a manicure and pedicure. There’s no other word to describe having some time having a simple polishing for your nails. Hey, even the guys can enjoy some time of taking care of their hands and feet. The best part of having a mani and padi is bringing a another pal to come along and have a great face-to-face conversation to catch up with one another. 

Me Time Four: Have Some Bubbles

Don’t have money to go outside? How about time for a good old nice bubble bath? Having a bubble bath is a simple classical me time where you soak up and be in your own personal world. If you’re living with your parents or a roommate, let them know not to bother you when you’re taking time soak up and relax at a moment of tranquility. 

As for the guys, you can take a bubble bath as well! It’s not just for girls. 

How you see fit or whatever you choose to do, there are so many great ways to enjoy time for yourself. Enjoy your Me Time everyone!

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez