This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

He is the fashion god of Paris, with silvery-white locks, and always wearing darkest shades with finger-less leather gloves. He is Karl Lagerfeld. The most intellectually, creative and versatile being in the fashion industry, Karl has developed a world where we can feel the essence he gives off and get a sense of who he is. Everyone in America knows him as the master behind Chanel’s incredible works but across the word, europeans have had a taste of Karl through his own brand: the “Karl Lagerfeld” brand.

Many of us here in the U.S. aren’t aware of how many stores Karl Lagerfeld has spread out across Asia and Europe. Having a store propped at the world’s richest country, Qatar, and across Europe in Switzerland, the Netherlands and Russia, and to his beautiful country of France. The stores are so beautifully constructed, paying attention to every detail, from what color scheme to use to what accessory goes in what corner of the store.

The world of Karl is too huge to grasp at once. You could be on his site for hours and discover new things every time you click. His many collaborations with people such as Tiffany Cooper and Melissa Ginga have beautiful aesthetics, and his whimsical characters in cartoon videos represent Karl, himself, through humor and mockery. You get to see what Karl thinks and what others think of Karl. It’s so much fun going through his world. Even the littlest details make it that much worthwhile, such as having a cursor in the form of a hand with one finger pointing straight out, wearing fingerless gloves, like the ones Karl wears.

For those savvy readers, Karl has ‘Karl Daily’ which is an online newspaper about everything Karl. The second edition, which is up on the site right now, is about the must have items to look absolutely chic and a short interview about Karl’s life.

One of my favorite parts about the website are all his collections. Yes, everyone, Karl designs for more than just Fendi and Chanel. The best part is that its just as luxurious and classy as the man himself. From cute, colorful shades and purses to luscious leather from head to toe, this man is never out of ideas. Don’t even get me started on the perfume. The models for the campaign are gorgeous, the bottle is gorgeous, and I’m sure the smell will be sensational.

Karl has built an empire, and I have a feeling he has so much more up his sleeve. Check out Mr. Lagerfeld’s works at Karl.com. Enjoy ladies.

Karl Lagerfeld store in Paris

Karl Lagerfeld store in Amsterdam

The International Adventures of Karl and his cat

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez