Join Her Campus Cal State LA!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Are you interested in joining Her Campus Cal State LA?

We’re looking for writers, editors, photographers, event planners, social media users, and other team members!

Regardless of what gender you identify with, you are welcome to join!

Still want more information? Keep reading for a quick lowdown on what we are all about!

About Us

Her Campus Cal State LA is an online magazine for Cal State LA students, by Cal State LA students! We provide content related to entertainment, campus news & events, stellar students, faculty and alumni, photography, and lifestyle. We are a chapter of Her Campus, a huge organization with campuses participating from all over the world! We are also a registered school organization.

This is our chapter’s second year running. In our first year, we have successfully met publishing and event requirements with Her Campus Nationals. As a result, we have been recognized as a Silver Level Chapter!  

We have weekly meetings on Thursdays at 3:30pm in King Hall C3098. Members of our organization come all majors and participate in a variety of ways! Our goal is to create a community where every student can feel included and feel motivated to share their various interests.

For all members, there are membership dues that can be paid quarterly or yearly. This includes a shirt, a graduation chord if you are graduating, snacks at meetings, and more! More information will be provided upon the start of the school year.

Content is our main focus at Her Campus Cal State LA! We publish in six sections: Features, Blog, Campus Cutie, Campus Celebrity, Snapshot and Events. Each section is updated once a week, at a minimum.

We are also looking for people that want to create social media strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more! While we don’t have a YouTube now, it is something we would look into starting.

And do you love planning out activities for your friends? Then you’ll love helping with events for Her Campus and spreading the word about our organization! We want students that are passionate about planning events and fundraisers on and off campus.

Events that we’ve had before include:

Sweetheart Social: A Valentine’s Day Celebration

Shakey’s Fundraiser

Tabling during various school activities

Presentations at freshman orientation sessions

Now that you know about us, we would love to learn about you! If you are interested in joining our team, fill out a member interest form here! For answers to any questions, email cal-state-la@hercampus.com

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez