This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

It is always fun to go out on a Friday or Saturday night, but sometimes you get tired of having to drive around or you simply just want to stay home. Still, you want to have fun and do something over the weekend. I mean, school is out for the week, and you really don’t want to do homework all day, so what do you do? You host a Girl’s Night In! If you’ve never hosted a Girl’s Night In here is your guide to creating a fabulous night– that by the way is not an ordinary Girl’s Night In. You’ll definitely have a blast without having to go out and find it.

Glam it Up

orget the PJ’s, face masks, and headbands—this night in is going to be glamorous! Although technically it’s not a party, since it’s only your girlfriends and you’re not feeding a ton of people, you can still pick a theme. Theme-ing up a night is always tons of fun… and let me tell you’ll be glad you did this after you see pictures on Facebook of you naturally posing by the wall with your glam on instead of your avocado on.

Fun and Flirty Drinks

If you’re getting your girls to dress glamorously, then the drink better match that. You don’t have to do this on your own; you can actually make a drink-making contest. Get all the mixes and ingredients out, and may the best bar tender win. Cocktails and mocktails are still glamorous and can liven up the mood in minutes.

Food Flare

One of the most important items from the Girl’s Night In is the food. You don’t want them starving, do you? Pinterest has endless fun and delicious Girl’s Night In recipes that you can follow through. I suggest making a mini Yogurtland out of your dining area. Just get the frozen yogurt, and tell all your girlfriends to each bring random toppings. Put them all in the table and you have a mini Yogurtland in your home.

Snap Away

Remember that tip I gave you about glamming up the Girl’s Night In? Yeah, this is why it’s such a fabulous idea. You can create an awesome wall artsy area to create a photo booth…only you girls will know it is the photo booth.  When photos start popping up on Facebook or Instagram, it will look like someone took a picture of you send it to you and look as if you were at a glamorous party looking beautiful.

Movie Time

I would say movie marathon, but I’m sure at this point everyone is having so much fun that one movie will do the trick. Pick your favorite movie to watch, pop it in, and relax the environment a little bit.

Lip Dub

Last, but certainly not least, do a lip dub! To end the night with an epic touch you just have to do this one. Get a catchy song going, find one of the girls to shoot it, and hey, you might even get tons of views and shares.  At this point you successfully hosted a funfest rather than a simple Girl’s Night In, and your girlfriends will remember it for years.

Roxana is a Senior at California State University, Los Angeles majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is in process of completing three other certificates: Retailing, Marketing, and Social Media. She is a fashion columnist for the campus newspaper, University Times, and is the former President of the Fashion Association of Design Students. As a fashion enthusiast, she follows countless numbers of blogs and magazines, loves food and cooking, dancing Latin music, and spending time with her family and friends.
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez