A Guy’s Reaction to the “Blank Space” Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Since its release last Monday, the ladies at HC Cal State LA have been obsessed with Taylor Swift’s music video for “Blank Space.” The fashion, the camera movements, the guy; everything about it is perfect! So when our campus cutie Gerardo stopped by the office for his interview and caught us watching the video for the 17th time, we made him watch it with us to see what a guy thought about the latest T Swift craze.

Incase you haven’t seen the video, here it is! If you have, scroll down for Gerardo’s reaction!

“I can’t believe you are making me watch this.”

“Oh wow, she looks really hot….Is she holding a cat?”

“Why are there horses in her bedroom?”

“Is there a reason the guy isn’t talking? Will she allow him to talk?”

“Wow, who lives like this?”

“I’m pretty sure she’s taller than him. They are always shown with some distance between them so he looks bigger.”

“This is too much of a fairytale. It doesn’t look real.”

“Oh she’s collecti-…wait is there an ax in that photo?”

“Look at his tan lines. Those are pretty serious.”

“She didn’t even ask him what he’s doing!!”

“Oh, been there done that.”

“Of course they’ll tell you she’s insane, she’s got crazy eyes.”

“Regina George! That’s so not going to be fetch anytime soon.”

“The guy from the Hunger Games must have designed his clothes…get it? Because they are on fire!”

“NOT THE CAR! I can’t look at this. This is horrible.”

“There is BLOOD in that cake. That’s a huge warning sign. It’s such a nice looking cake too.”

“I can’t take this. Not the car.”

“Is there a horse motif in this video that I should know about?”

“Oh, she recycles.”

So what was Gerardo’s final opinion about the video?

“I really liked it. The aesthetics were really nice and it was interesting, but I enojoyed it. The song was like a story. I would have loved to see it in the horse’s point of view though.”

We told Gerardo that this video and song were Taylor Swift’s reaction to what the media says about her and her dating habits. His response?

“She’s dated a lot of guys? So what? She’s in her 20’s, that’s when everyone dates and hooks up with people the most. She can do whatever she wants! As long as she’s not killing people.”

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez