This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Name: Giselle Chavez

Age: 24

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology

Relationship Status: Taken

Describe yourself in three words?

Silly, Driven, Happy

What do you like most about Cal State LA?

The best part about CSULA is its diversity. Meeting new people from different backgrounds, different cultures, and even different ages is pretty amazing. You learn so much about their experiences that make you learn from yours as well.

What does your daily routine look like? 

Work. School. Work. Home. Homework.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Master’s Program in Psychology or Health Administration. Through Masters in Psychology perhaps leading onto advisor, and for health administration maybe the behind the scenes in medical field. Overall I want to be stable and independent in 5 years.

What is your favorite place in the city?

Downtown LA! The energy is has is amazing, I mean…the ambience really pumps you up. There is so much to see, so much to discover, especially in the nightlife there.

What is something interesting about you?

I love Mustangs. I particularly like the classics: 1965, 1967, and 1969. I grew up with my dad and brother who also loved them and would go and look for one all the time. My brother has passed down his Mustang to me, which is pretty great! I also like to play video games.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? 

PIZZA! The best comfort food ever.

Biggest turn on and turn off?

Turn on: Intelligence, Good Sense of Humor, Humility. Turn off: Show-Off, Arrogant.

Dream big: What is your ultimate goal in life?

Getting my Master’s Degree with be a huge goal of mine, but ultimately being able to help people and place my little change in this world would be my purpose. As cliché as it sounds, I want to be able to have changed someone’s (or people’s) lives for the better.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Between Madrid, New York City, and London, I’ll stick to London. The weather is perfect for me, and the people are interesting. It is a different ambient than here, and it doesn’t hurt that it is so close to all the other European countries.

If you could listen to one song for the rest for your life what would it be?

Numb by Lincoln Park. I grew up with this band, so it always reminds me of home.

Roxana is a Senior at California State University, Los Angeles majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is in process of completing three other certificates: Retailing, Marketing, and Social Media. She is a fashion columnist for the campus newspaper, University Times, and is the former President of the Fashion Association of Design Students. As a fashion enthusiast, she follows countless numbers of blogs and magazines, loves food and cooking, dancing Latin music, and spending time with her family and friends.
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez