Fun Times at Coachella 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Coachellafest is that special time in the year where everyone gets together for the music, the good vibes, the good food, and the great pictures. I have had the privilege of attending Coachella since Jay Z made his appearance in 2010. Every year, I always have the best time with family and friends while listening to my favorite artists.

Some of my favorite performances were Years & Years, Jack Ü, Ibeyi, Run the Jewels, RL Grime, Zedd, Matt and Kim, The 1975, Major Lazer, Halsey and Calvin Harris. With every year, there are those special moments that make the festival one of a kind; whether it be the musicians or the people you come it contact with. I met this cool guy and now we’re friends on Snapchat. I also met this cool young grandma kicking it at the main stage partying it up to Matt and Kim to Calvin Harris. People all over the festival come in unique costumes that bring smiles to anyone’s face. 

To all the Coachellagoers, I hope you all had a great time like I did. Happy Coachella! Until next year! 

Kammile Whitener

Cal State LA '18

Film and Business Enthusiast. Love the best of both worlds. 
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez