Fashion Design Student Jackie Lee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Name: Jackie Lee 

Age: 22

Year: 2015

Major: Fashion Design

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in three words.

Dreamer, music lover and goal-oriented.

What do you like most about Cal State L.A.? 

The diversity and the quarter system (before it starts changing.)

What does your daily routine look like? 

Wake up and listen to the latest music on Spotify while getting ready to attend my classes. Go home afterwards and make lunch. If work isn’t on the schedule then I’ll catch up with friends, enjoy dinner, do a workout session, finish up some homework/project and then call it a night. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

Inspiring people and connecting with the world.

What is your favorite place in the city?

Any place that has a nice view.

What is something interesting about you? 

My ethnicity is Hmong, I have never swallowed a pill, I am an adrenaline  junkie, and I have 9 siblings including myself.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? 

Pasta.

Biggest turn on and turn off? 

My biggest turn on is someone who can make me laugh and inspire me. My biggest turn off would have to be a consistent liar.

Dream big: What is your ultimate goal in life? 

To accept the flaws in life as a learning experience and to just simply live life as you wish.

Favorite Fashion Designer/s or Brands? 

I am a huge Nike fan, I love Nasty Gal designs and a designer who I would love to work with/for is Givenchy.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? 

Hawaii

If you could listen to one song for the rest for your life what would it be?

Tough choice but it would be Blue by Big Bang.

Roxana is a Senior at California State University, Los Angeles majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is in process of completing three other certificates: Retailing, Marketing, and Social Media. She is a fashion columnist for the campus newspaper, University Times, and is the former President of the Fashion Association of Design Students. As a fashion enthusiast, she follows countless numbers of blogs and magazines, loves food and cooking, dancing Latin music, and spending time with her family and friends.
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez