Elementary School Nostalgia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

We all know how stressful it is to be a college student. Endless studying, essays and deadlines.  All this stress makes us think of simpler times in elementary school.  Here are 5 things from elementary school that will bring out your nostalgia.

1.     Scholastic Book Forms

Who can forget the joy that these book forms would bring? Waiting for the books to arrive was like waiting for Christmas.

2.     Lunch Tickets

Before there were pin numbers, there were paper lunch tickets. You had to take care of your lunch ticket like a prized procession until lunch arrived. Losing it meant having to wait in a separate line and having to wait to get your food.

3.     Television in the classroom

Seeing a television in the classroom meant that you were going to have an easy day and maybe watch the Magic School Bus.

4.     Kid Pix

Before we had to use the computer to write essays and search for information, we used it to play with Kid Pix.  Who can forget the cool stamps feature?

5.     Tetherball

There was always that kid in the playground that was the best…

6.     Missions

If you grew up in California, chances are you had a build a mission. Building a mission meant going to the craft store, buying tons of foam and cool accessories.

Cristina Galvan

Cal State LA

Cristina Galvan is a senior at Cal State LA. She is majoring in Television, Film and Media Studies with an option in Broadcast Journalism. When not working, or doing homework, she enjoys reading,spending time with her family, shopping and doing arts and crafts.
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez