This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Preppy fashion has always been referred to as the “rich style”—no more.  Just about anyone can now pull the preppy style with the right direction. You have to remember, there are multiple essentials to becoming preppy, or simply trying out this style. If you are the preppy one in your group you probably will identify every piece in this section. But if you are not, this will surely give you an idea of what shop for, or how to mix pieces. Without further adue here are your essential pieces from head to toe for looking preppy.

DressesA-Line. Printed. Sheath.

TopsNeck Tie Blouse. Collard Polo Shirt. Button Down Shirt.

BottomsPrinted Skirts. Colorful Pants. Sheath Skirt.

OuterwearBlazers. Cable Knit Sweaters. Cardigans.

JewleryStatement Necklace. Gold. Pearls.

FootwearRiding Boots. Ballet Flats. Mary Jane Heels.

MiscellaneousSkinny Belts. Polka Dots. Color Blocking

Roxana is a Senior at California State University, Los Angeles majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is in process of completing three other certificates: Retailing, Marketing, and Social Media. She is a fashion columnist for the campus newspaper, University Times, and is the former President of the Fashion Association of Design Students. As a fashion enthusiast, she follows countless numbers of blogs and magazines, loves food and cooking, dancing Latin music, and spending time with her family and friends.
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez