Bands to See in L.A. this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

April 11 – The Hush Sound – The Troubadour

Finding out that this band is releasing a new full length album made my inner middle school self cry with happiness. After a hiatus from 2008-2012, the Hush Sound had a few gigs here and there and released an EP, but nothing too crazy. Now, get ready to experience indie rock goodness at its finest with honest lyrics, blues mixing with folk and Greta Salpeter’s amazing vocals. 

April 28 – Matt & Kim – Fonda Theatre

If you’re looking for a concert that is almost like a party, Matt & Kim is the live show for you! Known for their insanely fun songs, this long time Brooklyn duo is bringing their beat back in their upcoming album New Glow. Things to expect at this performance include lots of jumping, confetti and Kim walking (yes, walking!) across the crowd. So get ready to shake your booty and have a great time! But don’t bring your mother, foul language will definitely be in play.

May 2 – OK Go – The Wiltern

You might not believe me when I say this, but OK Go has a lot more going for them than just making cool music videos. Gasp all you want; it’s so true. After 4 albums, Ok Go has so many go to jams and accomplished amazing things such as performing at President Obama’s 50th Birthday! And yeah, their videos are straight up works of art…

May 12 – The Wombats – Fonda Theatre

These British rockers are coming stateside for an awesome May show! Another lively group, the Wombats always bring a bunch of energy to their performances. They’ve been allover the world, including a great set at Coachella a few years back! Their newest album Glitterbug will be released on April 13th. 

May 29 – Smallpools – El Rey Theatre

Smallpools broke out in 2013 with their hit EP. Since then they’ve toured with other great bands like San Cisco, Two Door Cinema Club and Walk the Moon. Fast forward to 2015 and this Los Angeles based group is finally releasing their long awaited full length album, LOVETAP! You don’t want to miss this band as they continue their rise to fame!

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez