5 Reasons Why California Has the Best Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

The one thing us Southern Californians love to do whenever there is a slight change in weather (as in it is actually raining), is to announce it on every social media site we possibly are on. As annoying as it is for everyone not from here, the reason is simple: we really have the best weather. We’re so shocked by anything that isn’t sunshine with a slight breeze. So as winter comes around, let’s remember why we are so lucky to be blessed with such amazing weather! 

1. We currently aren’t suffering from this: 

2. We can grow our own produce which means it’s not ridiculously expensive (unless you’re going for organic and Whole Foods). 

3. You could still go to the beach in November! Apparently it’s going to be 79 degrees on Wednesday…

4. Still not going through this: 

5. The biggest change us Southern Californias are going through right now is busting out the light jackets and switching our lattes from iced to hot.

So you can’t really blame us for complaining that its cold once it hits below 65 degrees. Those who have grown up here our entire lives really don’t know any other type of weather other than 65-85 degrees. Anything below or above is frankly too cold or too hot… 

Christine Tran

Cal State LA

After taking four different MBTI tests, Christine is the definition of someone who is half ENFJ and ESFP (she got two for each type). With that being said, this clearly explains her major in Communications at Cal State LA. With a love for fashion and music, she's the type of person who will post #ootds and pictures of every concert she's at on her Instagram. Along with that, Christine has a horrible addiction with cupcakes and tattoos which will eventually be the death of her unless her parents figure out she already has more than one tattoo first.... Find out what she's up to by following her Instagram @christineetran
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez