5 Must Watch Christmas Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

December has arrived, which means we get a whole month of preparation for Christmas. One of the best ways to do this is by watching Christmas movies! Here’s a list of 5 Christmas movies that you should be watching this holiday season from comedy to romance…

1. Of course, the classic, How the Grinch Stole Christmas has to make the topic of this list. This is my all time favorite Christmas movie. I remember being a child thinking that the citizens of whoville were so cute and the grinch was even cuter as a baby. 

2. Next, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; another classic. This movie doesn’t need an explanation because it’s just that awesome. 

3. A Christmas Carol…if you have not seen this movie, it would definitely put you in the right Christmas mood. 

4. Love Actually…Of course I had to include a romance movie because what’s better than love and Christmas?…NOTHING!

5. Last but certainly not least…This Christmas. One of my absolute favorite movies! It’s such a fun, family movie to enjoy with your love ones. My brother and I watch it least 3 times before Christmas. 

Luckily, a couple of these movies come on ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas! You can catch How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Sunday, December 14th at 6 pm or 9 pm.

You can also watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Monday, December 15th at 4:30 and Tuesday, December 16th at 2 pm. Also, if you have Netflix, Love Actually is on there, so go check it out!

Deidra Brown

Cal State LA

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez