This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

With most midterms being finished, it’s time to blow off some steam. Everyone deserves a little self-care time, and setting aside time for yourself to relax and decompress is so important. There are so many great spots in Chico, so make sure to check some of these out!

The Well

This is a great on-campus resource that’s available to all students! With activities such as nap pods, massage chairs, and even professional massages done every Tuesday, this would be a great stop to swing by and relax. The Well also offers weekly activities like yoga, guided meditations, and much more!

Coffee Shop

With Stoble, Tea Bar, and even Starbucks, getting your favorite drink and chilling in your favorite coffee shop would be a great way to relax after a long day. You could go alone or grab your besties, get all your favorite drinks, and enjoy the cozy coffeehouse vibes this fall!

Bidwell Park

There are so many fun fall activities you could do at gorgeous Bidwell Park! Take a walk with your favorite music as you absorb the beautiful Autumn vibes, take your best friends on a fun fall-time picnic, grab your favorite comfy blanket and laptop and have a movie night under the stars, and much more!

Tinseltown

There’s a TON of good movies out right now, and more coming out soon! From The Eras Tour movie to Priscilla, the movies are so much fun and there’s a great selection to pick and choose from. Grab your favorite snack, a yummy drink, and enjoy the film! And remember, Tuesdays are discount days (you’re welcome).

Bear Hole

With the last few days of warm weather coming to an end, head over to Bear Hole and have a blast! Whether it’s a quick trip or an all day event, it’ll be tons of fun. You could tan, hike around, or just relax!

Your Room

You don’t even need to go anywhere to have a great self-care day! Put on a face mask, grab some yummy snacks, press play on your favorite show, and unwind in the comfort of your room. At-home self-care days are super easy and perfect if you don’t feel like going anywhere.

We’re over halfway done with the semester, Wildcats! Everyone deserves some relaxation time, as setting aside time for yourself is so important. With so many amazing options in our cozy town, definitely make sure you take advantage of them. You know what you need, so listen to yourself and take a break!

Zoey Dennis

Cal State Chico '25

Zoey is a Senior here at Chico State! She is a Liberal Studies major who would love to teach high school history. She has always loved writing and teaching, and Her Campus is such a great outlet! In her free time, she loves to go out with her friends, spend time with family, listen to music, and enjoys exploring Chico.