This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

Everybody loves happy hour, but not everyone loves searching for the best deals. Not to worry – I’ve done it for you! Behold, your go-to guide for downtown drinks on a budget. Grab your friends and get ready for a great night out!

Coin Op

Coin Op hosts their happy hour from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday. The deals include $5 well spirits (aka mixed drinks), $2 off cocktails, $1 off beers, and $2 off of food. Plus, all ages can get in until 8:00 p.m. so you can bring along those friends who haven’t hit twenty-one yet.

Riley’s Bar & Grill

To know Riley’s is to love Riley’s. This classic spot, voted Best Bar in the Nation in 2022, has plenty of deals that will keep you coming back. On Tuesdays starting at 9:00 p.m., the bar hosts the infamous “buck night,” during which almost all drinks are only $1. After 9:00 p.m., indulge in $6 pitchers on Friday nights and $5 jumbo cups on Saturday nights. Every single day, they also have happy hour from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., which includes half off cocktails, $3 domestic and Sierra Nevada pints, and $8 pitchers!

Joe’s Bar

Rocket fuels, anyone? On top of their 2:30-5:30 daily happy hour, Joe’s Bar has no shortage of fantastic deals. You can find all the discounts attached below! My personal favorite is none other than the $1 jell-o shots on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Tres Hombres

As a Piña Colada enthusiast, this one happens to my favorite. From 4:00 – 6:00 from Monday through Friday, you can enjoy a small margarita (or if you’re like me, a piña colada with extra cherries) for $5 or a large one for $10. They have ten different flavors of margaritas so you’re sure to find one you’ll like. If that’s not your thing, the happy hour deal also includes $4 rocket fuels, $4 beers, $5 mixed drinks, and $5 wines.

The Lalacheers Cocktails
Her Campus Media

Crush

Finally, if you’re looking for a more high-end experience, you can enjoy happy hour at Crush from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. The happy hour menu includes a variety of discounted drinks, including $7 glasses of wine, $3 beers, and $8 mixed drinks!

Just remember, please drink responsibly! Make sure to have a designated driver or stay within walking distance of your place to stay for the night to avoid anyone driving under the influence.

Marisa Cala-Keck

Cal State Chico '24

Marisa is the Founder of the Her Campus chapter at Chico State and served as the 2023-2024 President and Editor-in-Chief. A double major in English and Psychology, she is equally passionate about mental health and writing. She is an honors student, served as the 2022-2023 President of her sorority, Alpha Delta Pi, and has been on the Dean's List seven out of seven semesters thus far. Marisa has worked in a variety of mentorship roles on campus and currently assists students as an Academic Advising Intern. In her free time, Marisa loves spending time with her family and best friends, being around animals (especially her 3 cats and 2 dogs), binge-watching her comfort shows (the current top two include Pretty Little Liars and Gilmore Girls), reading novels, traveling, and singing! She loves Taylor Swift, spicy foods, Trader Joe's, Pinterest, and all things chocolate. After graduating this Spring, she plans to move to New York to earn her master's degree before pursing a career in the field of education, through which she aspires to reframe health and sex education programs to be more inclusive and to open in-school conversations surrounding mental wellness.