This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

Hi! My name is Zoey and I’m a writer for Her Campus at Chico State! If you’re looking for an amazing club to join, you’ve come to the right place. If you’re wondering why you should join this incredible chapter, let me give you some reasons why, as well as answer some questions you might have.

“What is Her Campus?”

Her Campus is the #1 online magazine for college women, by college women! It’s your go-to for all things Gen Z, and hundreds of schools have their own chapter and publication. From pop culture to mental health, Her Campus has it all. Check out some of the amazing articles some of our own writers have created!

“What would I do if I joined?”

If you joined HC, you could either be a writer or part of the marketing & outreach team! If you’re a writer, you’ll be writing various articles throughout the semester, some with assigned topics and some you get to pick yourself. Basically, you get to let your creative voice be heard! As part of the marketing team, it’s the same idea but with different forms of social media. You’d be creating anything from TikTok videos to Pinterest boards to Spotify playlists.

“What’s the time commitment?”

We have one meeting every other week, and you’re also expected to attend at least one of each other type of non-meeting event (tabling, chapter bondings, etc.). Other than that, you’ll need to set time aside to either write your article or create your marketing post!

“My major has nothing to do with marketing or writing, can I still join?”

Yes! I myself am actually a Liberal Studies major. It doesn’t matter what your major is, we just want you to come and be your best self. We love having a diverse group of majors and students to come in and show what HC is about; girlhood and community!

“Do I have to pay?”

Nope! HC is free to join. Our funds come from fundraising, so you’ll be encouraged to attend, participate and promote our fundraisers!

“What are the requirements?”

To be eligible, you need to be a full-time student here at Chico State in good standing. Additionally, you’ll have to fill out our Spring 2024 application, which will ask customized questions based on which team you’re hoping to join!

“Why did you join HC?”

I joined HC to feel part of a community. This is my first semester here at Chico State as a transfer student, which is scary in itself. When I saw the sign ups for HC go out, I knew immediately I wanted to join. I love writing and I was looking for a community to join, so this seemed like a great fit. And it was! Her Campus has become such an incredible part of my life and a great welcome to being here at Chico, I couldn’t imagine being here without it! All the members of this chapter are so welcoming and kind, and it instantly felt like home.

Applications for Her Campus are now open! We’d love to work with you and hope you’ll join us! If you have any additional questions, feel free to DM our Instagram page @hercampuschico, or stop by our table on 11/29 in the Gauntlet from 10AM-2PM! We look forward to meeting you!

Zoey Dennis

Cal State Chico '25

Zoey is a Junior here at Chico State! She is a Liberal Studies major and is looking to minor in writing. She has always loved writing and teaching, and Her Campus is such a great outlet! In her free time, she loves to go out with her friends, spend time with family, listen to Taylor Swift, and enjoys exploring Chico.