galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

Sweet Galentine’s Day Delights: Cute and Fun Desserts to Make With the Girls!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and whether you’re single, taken, or celebrating Galentine’s Day with your besties, there’s no better way to spread love than through delicious homemade desserts. Prepare to transform your kitchen into a delightful sanctuary with these adorable and enjoyable Valentine’s Day desserts, ideal for a cozy evening spent with the girls!

Heart-Shaped Sugar Cookies

The traditional sugar cookies in the shape of hearts are a must-make for Valentine’s Day. Start your baking journey with these. After making your favorite sugar cookie dough and grabbing some heart-shaped cookie cutters, have fun! For an added glamorous touch, don’t forget to add edible glitter, sprinkles, and pink and red frosting.

Cupid’s Arrow Cupcakes

Transform ordinary cupcakes into adorable Cupid’s arrow masterpieces. Decorate your cupcakes with pink and red frosting, and top each one with a cupid’s arrow made from pretzel sticks and heart-shaped candies. These charming treats will surely hit the mark with your friends.

Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs

Nothing screams love like fresh strawberries and fluffy cake. Create strawberry shortcake kabobs by threading strawberries, mini pound cake or angel food cake cubes, and marshmallows onto skewers. Drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle some powdered sugar for a heavenly dessert and a cute Instagram post!

Love Potion Mocktails

Treat yourself to a tasty and girly Love Potion Mocktail to quench your thirst. Mix together pink lemonade, sparkling water, and a splash of cranberry juice. Serve in adorable glasses with vibrant straws and garnish with fresh berries. Cheers to the perfect Galentine’s Day beverage.

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries

Dip the traditional chocolate-covered strawberries into different toppings to elevate them to a new level. These juicy and delicious treats can be given a playful touch by the addition of rainbow sprinkles, shredded coconut, and crushed almonds. Put them in a heart-shaped arrangement to add even more romantic flair.

Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treats

Put a fun spin on the classic Rice Krispie Treats by shaping them into hearts and adding conversation heart messages. Use food coloring to make them pop with vibrant shades of pink and red. These nostalgic treats will have you reminiscing about the good old days of candy heart messages.

Celebrate love, friendship, and all things sweet this Valentine’s Day with your favorite girls. These cute and fun desserts are not only delicious but also a fantastic way to create lasting memories with your friends. So, gather your besties, turn on some romantic comedies, and let the baking extravaganza begin! Happy Galentine’s Day!

Ava Tidwell

Cal State Chico '24

Ava Tidwell is a passionate Journalism and Public Relations student with a minor in marketing. Her academic journey has been a thrilling exploration of the art of storytelling, and the intricacies of Public Relations. Alongside her studies, she has also cultivated a deep love for fashion. Her fashion sense is as unique as it is expressive and has aligned her to blend creativity with professionalism seamlessly. Beyond her academic pursuits, she treasures the moments spent with her friends and family, finding joy in their company and creating lasting memories as she continues to grow her aspirations to carve a career path that combines her expertise in journalism, public relations, marketing, and her passion for fashion.