Saturday Is ‘Taylor Swift Night’ At Riley’s: Here’s Your Drink Order Based On Your Era

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

If you haven’t heard the news by now, Riley’s is hosting their first ever “Taylor Swift night” this Saturday, March 6th and in my opinion, this calls for the ultimate girls’ night out. The music will start at 9pm and personally, I will be there at 8:59 ready to have the best time with all the 21+ Swifties in Chico!

My best friends, my favorite artist, and my favorite place to go out calls for a great night and to make it even more special, I compiled a list of the perfect drink orders based on your favorite era.

Debut: Vodka soda

I feel like a vodka soda is the classic introductory drink order for everyone new to the bar scene, so it’s perfectly fitting if your go-to Taylor era is her debut album! Plus, the lime goes with the green hues of the self-titled album and the soda will make the alcohol flavor practically “Invisible.”

fearless: moscow mule

Fearless is full of night-out classics such as “Love Story” & “You Belong With Me,” so this era matches perfectly with a Moscow mule. Classic gold Moscow mule cups go with the aesthetic and this drink is a Riley’s classic for so many of my friends! You’ll be sure to have “The Best Day.”

speak now: gin and tonic

I dug deep down into my brain to try to figure out a purple, magical, fairytale-vibe drink you can order at Riley’s, but then it hit me. A Gin and Tonic is “Timeless” and you will be “Enchanted” by the simplicity and refreshing taste of this cocktail. If Speak Now is your go-to era, “I Can See You” having the best night with a Gin & Tonic in hand.

red: Dirty shirley

This one probably doesn’t need much of an explanation, but the rich red color of a dirty Shirley perfectly matches the aesthetics of the Red era. Whether you’re “22” or not, this is a tasty and sweet drink and if Saturday is the “The Very First Night” that you’re trying one, I promise it won’t be “The Last Time.”

1989: tequila pineapple

This era feels like a sunny & beachy vacation, and what better way to embrace the 1989 era at Riley’s than a refreshing tequila pineapple? If you haven’t tried this one before, “I Wish You Would!” If tequila isn’t your “Style,” you can also sub it out for vodka!

taylor swift\'s 1989 (taylors version)
Taylor Swift / Republic

reputation: old fashioned

“…knew it from the first old fashioned we were cursed”

Taylor Swift, “Getaway Car”

The dark vibes of Reputation call for a dark liquor like whiskey, and she even mentions it in several songs on the album! So, if this is your era, put on your best “Dress,” get full-glam and feel “Gorgeous,” and get yourself an old fashioned!

lover: tequila shot

“but you’re taking shots at me like it’s Patrón”

Taylor Swift, “You Need To Calm Down”

When I think of Lover, I think fun, flirty, and upbeat. While it probably won’t be Patrón, “It’s Nice To Have A Friend” to take a tequila shot and shout the bridge of “Cruel Summer” with!

folklore: wine

Folklore is mellow and classy, like a glass of wine. Plus, what sounds better than singing “August slipped away like a bottle of wine” in Riley’s with “rose flowing with your chosen family” – AKA your college besties? The answer is nothing. If Folklore is your album, then wine is “the 1” for this Saturday night.

Winecork
Alex Frank / Spoon

evermore: champagne

“Champagne Problems” by Taylor Swift – must I say more? “Long story short,” a night out at Riley’s with cheap champagne and your girls will make for a memory full of “happiness.”

midnights: Rocket fuel

“Dear Reader,” you didn’t think a rocket fuel would get left out of the list, did you? This drink “Hits Different” and will be sure to help you stay up until midnight and have you feeling “Bejeweled” if your Taylor Swift Era is Midnights!

Riley’s is a student-favorite here in Chico, and hosting a Taylor Swift Night only makes it that much more iconic! Round up your girls, get ready to the ultimate Taylor Swift hype-up playlist, and have the best Swiftie Saturday night!

Please drink safely and responsibly, and only if you’re legally of age (21+). If you or someone you know is seeking help for substance use, call the SAMHSA National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP(4357).

Marisa Cala-Keck

Cal State Chico '24

Marisa is the Founder, President, and Editor-in-Chief of the Chico State Her Campus chapter. A double major in English and Psychology, she is equally passionate about mental health and writing. She is an honors student, served as the 2022-2023 President of her sorority, Alpha Delta Pi, and has been on the Dean's List seven out of seven semesters thus far. Marisa has worked in a variety of mentorship roles on campus and currently assists students as an Academic Advising Intern. In her free time, Marisa loves spending time with her family and best friends, being around animals (especially her 3 cats and 2 dogs), binge-watching her comfort shows (the current top two include Pretty Little Liars and Gilmore Girls), reading novels, traveling, and singing! She loves Taylor Swift, spicy foods, Trader Joe's, Pinterest, and all things chocolate. After graduating this Spring, she plans to move to New York to earn her master's degree before pursing a career in the field of education, through which she aspires to reframe health and sex education programs to be more inclusive and to open in-school conversations surrounding mental wellness.