Style

Julia’s Top Five Designer Perfume Dupes To Gift Your Loved Ones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

Everyone loves smelling nice and feeling fresh, that’s why a fragrance is the best gift to buy your friends this holiday season. Lots of popular perfumes come with price tags that aren’t super college-budget friendly, though. In comes the magic of dupes!

“Sinful” by Oakcha

Oakcha’s scent “Sinful” is considered to be a duplicate of designer Tom Ford’s fragrance “Lost Cherry.” The scent has lovely hints of cherry, sandalwood, vetiver, and almond. Although the scent of these two fragrances is considered nearly identical, the price point of Oakcha’s is significantly lower. You can buy a 1.7 oz bottle for $50 on Oakcha’s website compared to Tom Ford’s $395 price point!

“Ambery Vanilla” by Dossier

The next scent I highly suggest buying for your loved ones this season is “Ambery Vanilla” by Dossier. I have purchased this perfume twice now because of it’s irresistible smell. The perfume is a duplicate of Yves Saint Laurent’s “Black Opium.” I had previously worn “Black Opium” exclusively throughout high school, however after coming to college, I needed a more affordable perfume. I stumbled upon Dossier’s website and decided to give it a try. To my pleasure, this fragrance is long lasting and has notes of cedarwood, coffee, and vanilla. 

“Floral Violet” by Dossier

If your loved one prefers floral fragrances, this next scent may just be perfect for them! “Floral Violet” by Dossier is a duplicate of Marc Jacobs’ perfume, “Daisy,” which is recognized as one of the most popular women’s fragrances. It initially has fruity scents, followed by delightful floral scents, and completed with hints of vanilla. This perfume offers all the best popular feminine notes! The bottle is listed at around $30 compared to Marc Jacobs’ $100 price. 

“Senora” by Oakcha

This next perfume is perfect for anyone who loves citrus-y scents such as Chanel’s “Coco Mademoiselle.” Oakcha’s “Senora” perfume is directly inspired by Chanel’s “Coco Mademoiselle” and is significantly cheaper. Chanel’s bottle runs for $135 and Oakcha’s bottle runs for just $30, making Oakcha’s a far more budget-friendly option. Your loved one AND your wallet will thank you!

“Desiree” by Oakcha

The last option is considered a unisex scent, making it a great gift for anyone in your life. It is inspired by Yves Saint Laurent’s “Libre” and has been recreated by Oakcha and named “Desiree”. “Desiree” has a perfect balance of both citrus fruits as well as musk and cedar scents. A 1.07 oz bottle of “Libre” is listed at $130, while a bottle of “Desiree” that is the same size sells for only $35.

Julia Critchett

Cal State Chico '25

Julia Critchett is an eager Business Marketing major who is navigating her junior year at Cal State University, Chico. She is a part of the greek organization on campus, Alpha Phi where she holds a position as Assistant Director of Social Media. Julia is excited to share her thoughts and ideas on topics related to pop culture and all things Chico State! In her freetime Julia enjoys hiking with friends, thrifting, meeting new people, and indulging in restaurants in downtown Chico. Some of her favorite hobbies include cooking and catching up on current events! When she has downtime she relaxes by watching some of her favorite TV series or listening to her favorite musical artists. Julia grew up in a small town in Northern California called Petaluma. After college she hopes to reside in either San Diego or San Francisco while working for a marketing agency. She hopes to meet as many new people as possible during her time at Chico State and make long lasting connections!