blonde brunette halloween costumes?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
blonde brunette halloween costumes?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
WarnerBrothers
Style

Formal Season Is Here! My Four Favorite Shops For The Perfect Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

With formal season fast approaching, you might find yourself scouting for the perfect dress for your sorority or other organization’s event. Whether you’re looking to buy your dresses online or in Chico, it’s a must to find a dress that is both stylish and comfortable! If you want to be the star of the show at your upcoming event, check out four of my go-to places to shop during formal season.

love is blind couples season 3 first four episodes?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
SER BAFFO/NETFLIX

Lulus

Lulus Outlet is a great place to stop on your dress-shopping adventure. The outlet is located in Chico , with a wide range of dresses and pantsuits to choose from. Plus, since it’s an outlet store, you’re guaranteed to find a great bargain and your wallet will thank you!

Francesca’s

Located in the Chico Market Place, Francesca’s is a wonderful store with an amazing, elegant selection. If you are a person that likes to try on clothes in-person, definitely check this one out! Not only is Francesca’s a great option, but you might also find a dress in a different store in the plaza, such as H&M!

zendaya and sydney sweeney in corset dresses at the emmys 2022
Photo by Danny Moloshok/Invision for the Television Academy/AP Images

Princess Polly

A fan-favorite online store is Princess Polly. There are hundreds of dresses to choose from on the website which will help give you an idea of what you’re looking for this formal season. If you’re unsure of what you want to wear, Princess Polly has so many options with various colors and styles to choose from. Check out the sale section if for a variety of stylish dresses that won’t break the bank!

Revolve

Revolve is also a great online store to check out if you want a dress that really stands out! They have a wide variety of dresses for formal season that vary in length, material, color, and fit. There are also many unique styles of dresses, like one-strap dresses with ruffles, flower patterns, and sparkles which are perfect for stepping out of your comfort zone. 

Daniela Mendoza

Cal State Chico '25

Daniela Mendoza is a junior majoring in Communications with a minor in Marketing at California State University, Chico. For the past three years, she has developed an interest in writing and pop culture which is why she decided to become part of the Her Campus writing team! Some of her interests include food, fashion, and music, and she would love to create content about those topics throughout this experience. Outside of being a part of the Her Campus team, she is also an active member of the Alpha Phi Sorority Chapter at Chico State. Through Alpha Phi, she has participated in community service events as well as philanthropy fundraisers. She recently also had the opportunity to become a collegiate brand ambassador for PRIME, through which she promotes PRIME products through social media marketing on Instagram. The reason why she decided to become a writer for Her Campus is because of the emphasis on woman empowerment. She values the importance of having content tailored towards college women written by college women. The message of creating a website that feels like a community is important and Her Campus does a good job representing that. She is so excited about this new marketing and writing opportunity through Her Campus and can’t wait to learn, improve, and create throughout this experience!