Five Podcasts That Turned Me Into a Podcast Enthusiast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

With all the busyness of school, work, and everything in between, I’ve found myself getting bored of listening to with the same playlists of songs throughout the day. Although I was a bit opposed to the idea of podcasts at first, after listening to a couple of different ones within all types of genres, I grew to absolutely love them. Whether it’s wanting to get into a new fall routine, picking up healthy habits, navigating what life can look like post-grad, or just feeling like you’re catching up with some old friends, there’s podcasts for every type of interest you may have!

1. The psychology of your 20’s

Starting off with a bit of a self-help podcast here, The Psychology of Your 20’s with Jenna Sbeg explores a wide variety of topics that helps navigate the confusing, challenging, and exciting time of your twenties. With topics ranging from healthy and unhealthy relationships, fears and anxieties, mental health struggles, moving cities, love, independence, and so much more, Jenna really makes listeners feel understood and like they’re not alone in whatever they may be going through. Her positive and nonjudgmental demeanor she brings in while discussing her own insight, paired with psychological studies, makes for an extremely impactful and entertaining podcast.

2. giggly squad

Giggly Squad with Hannah Berner and Paige DeSorbo is the perfect podcast to turn on during your walks around Chico. Hannah and Paige’s unhinged banter make for a podcast that feels as if you’re just catching up with the girls, debriefing your week or even a night out. The girls giggle about pop culture, fashion trends, television, horoscopes, mental health, dating… basically everything on the minds of so many college women everywhere. If you are looking for a podcast that is just plain entertainment and comedy for a whole hour straight and don’t mind laughing out loud wherever you may be, definitely press play on Giggly Squad.

3. fun on weekends

Jenna Palek truly feels like the older sister you never had telling you all the things you needed to her in her podcast, Fun on Weekends. This podcast is extremely relatable for any girl trying to navigate her 20’s taking on new adventures while staying unapologetically yourself. Her playful and upbeat personality brings light in times that can feel a bit challenging, such as navigating relationships, self image, passion projects, changing as you get older, finding confidence, and so much more. After every listen, I definitely feel more motivated and enthusiastic, ready to take on whatever the challenge happens to be that day. If I met Jenna in real life, I just know we’d be besties.

4. The broski report

The Broski Report with Brittney Broski, otherwise known as “Kombucha Girl,” is the perfect podcast to turn on if you’re in somewhat of an unhinged mood. Within every episode, I find myself going from laughing to crying within a one minute time period. Brittney is incredibly multifaceted in her interests, and each podcast brings a whirlwind of comedy, intelligence, drama, and just pure entertainment. Listening to Brittney’s rants about whatever and whoever she obsesses over each week gives me pure nostalgia of watching Jenna Marbles’ YouTube videos when I was younger. There’s not many people that can execute the solo podcast while having listeners actively engaged throughout its entirety, but Brittney is definitely an exception. Be prepared to completely enter the brain of Brittney Broski as she, hilariously, doesn’t spare a single detail in her hot takes.

5. brooke and connor make a podcast

Truly the internet’s most iconic duo, Brooke Averick and Connor Wood make you feel like you’re at home on the couch with your funniest friends when you listen to Brooke and Connor Make a Podcast. Because of their incredible comedic connection, listening to their takes on whatever may be going on in the world, pop culture, and in their own personal lives truly makes for a complete comfort podcast. Brooke and Connor’s dynamic makes the podcast feel like you’re listening to your older sister and her guy best friend talk back and forth for an hour straight. Be ready to laugh out loud with your new two favorite people in the world with this podcast.

Bella Puljiz

Cal State Chico '24

Bella is currently a fourth-year student at California State University, Chico, who is thrilled to be a part of their emerging Her Campus chapter! She is pursuing a psychology major along with a double minor in child development in family relations, hoping to continue her education post-grad in a masters program in School Psychology. Along with being a member of Her Campus, Bella also is a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority, part of the honors program at Chico State, works at The Well on campus, and has interned in multiple elementary schools. Through experiences and knowledge she has acquired during her time in these extracurriculars, she has gained a huge passion for mental health advocacy and awareness, even driving her to become the Wellness Specialist of Alpha Delta Pi. In her free time, Bella enjoys going to concerts, cooking, trying new restaurants, being outside, and traveling whenever she gets the chance to! While navigating all her options post-grad, she believes in the importance of self-care and finding creative outlets, and is excited to be writing for Her Campus to do so around such like-minded, empowering women!