Easy DIY Holiday Treats For Your Sweet Tooth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

Now that the holidays are quickly approaching, there’s no better way to celebrate than by treating yourself to some delectable homemade goodies. These chic and simple Christmas goodies are sure to please, whether you’re throwing a party or just want to indulge your sweet appetite. Discover how you can spread some joy with these delicious (and simple!) treats, from cozy classics to Instagram-worthy wonders.

A Modern Take on a Classic: Peppermint Bark Brownies
Put a Christmas spin on your brownies to up your game! Before baking, just sprinkle crushed peppermint candy over your preferred brownie mix. After they’re cool, sprinkle some melted white chocolate over them for the ideal balance of creamy, fudgy perfection and crisp, peppermint flavor. You and your guests will love these peppermint bark brownies, plus they create quite the Christmas display!

Cups of Gingerbread Cookies: Small-Sized Wonders
Transform classic gingerbread cookies into these charming cookie cups to give them a unique twist. Just press the gingerbread cookie dough into the little muffin tins, bake them until they are golden brown, and then fill the cups with your preferred holiday-flavored fillings (I recommend caramel, spiced cream cheese, or even a little bit of festive jam). These little treats are the ideal size to share at holiday get-togethers and are super simple.

Perfectly Sweet and Salty: Chocolate-Dipped Pretzel Rods
Try these chocolate-dipped pretzel rods to embrace the trend of sweet and salty foods. Dip pretzel rods into the luscious goodness of melted chocolate, whether it is milk, white, or dark. Add some festive sprinkles, chopped nuts, or even a drizzle of dark chocolate to personalize. Easy to create and impossible to resist, this is a delicious blend of crunch, salty, and sweetness.

Starbucks At Home: Cranberry Bliss Bars
A handmade take on the popular Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars will perfectly capture the spirit of the season. These holiday treats are both stunning and tasty, with a buttery blondie foundation studded with white chocolate and cranberries, topped with a rich cream cheese frosting and additional cranberries. It’s also shockingly easy to whip them up in your own kitchen.

Hot Chocolate Bombs: The Cozy Sensation
Create your own cozy take on the hot chocolate bomb fad. Form hollow chocolate balls and stuff them with marshmallows, hot cocoa mix, and other delicacies. These bombs explode into a creamy, luscious cup of hot chocolate when put into a cup of hot milk. For an added wow factor, personalize with festive sprinkles or a chocolate drizzle.

Brush up on your baking skills this holiday season with these delicious and stylish delights that are not only simple to make but also sure to impress. These Christmas confections will provide a festive touch to your festivities, whether you’re going for the traditional comfort of peppermint and gingerbread or the visually stunning beauty of hot chocolate bombs. So gather your supplies, turn on your favorite holiday classics, and start baking!

Ava Tidwell

Cal State Chico '24

Ava Tidwell is a passionate Journalism and Public Relations student with a minor in marketing. Her academic journey has been a thrilling exploration of the art of storytelling, and the intricacies of Public Relations. Alongside her studies, she has also cultivated a deep love for fashion. Her fashion sense is as unique as it is expressive and has aligned her to blend creativity with professionalism seamlessly. Beyond her academic pursuits, she treasures the moments spent with her friends and family, finding joy in their company and creating lasting memories as she continues to grow her aspirations to carve a career path that combines her expertise in journalism, public relations, marketing, and her passion for fashion.