5 Gift Ideas For Guys – According To A Guy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

A beautiful Fraser Fir Christmas tree, dressed in shimmering lights and ornaments. The scent of mom’s cooking and the sound of the crackling fire. Tis’ the season, some might say. Yet, one of the most difficult parts of this jolly season is the fact that shopping for men like myself can be exhausting. But fear not, for this year, we embark on a journey to find the ideal Christmas present for that guy in your life. So, grab a cup of cocoa, pull up a cozy blanket, and check out these perfect gifts.

1. Farm Hats

Farm Hats are slowly overtaking the classic Bass Pro Shop trucker hat as the favorite. Offering a staggering array of over 50 varieties featuring different animals and colors, a farm hat is the surefire way to bring a smile to their face.

2. Art/Posters

One essential on my Christmas list is decorations, and I’m leaning towards the charm of vintage posters or iconic etchings. Thanks to Invaluables and their budget-friendly prices, transforming your man’s space into a gallery of timeless elegance has never been more accessible (P.S. you can also find vintage Chanel and cashmere for half the market value).

3. Cologne

Guided by my aunt’s timeless advice — “never be a stinky boy” — I bid farewell to the era of Axe Chocolate and embraced the sophistication of Replica, my ultimate go-to cologne brand. Widely available at Sephora, Replica boasts four main scents: Jazz Night Club, Autumn Vibes, Coffee Break, and Under The Stars. While I may be tempted to gatekeep these treasures, the truth is, the standout fragrances are undeniably Coffee Break and Autumn Vibes. 

4. Lululemon/Fabletics

At first, I was unsure about getting my first pair of Lulus, but after trying the Surge Joggers, I was hooked. Lululemon manages to strike the perfect balance between comfort and style, making them an ideal gift for men who prioritize both. On a similar note, Fabletics is also a great choice, offering stylish items at budget-friendly prices. Whether you go for Lululemon or Fabletics, they would make an excellent gift for a man who appreciates both comfort and fashion.

5.  His Favorite Team Plush Blanket

A couple of Christmases ago, my friend gifted me a Chicago Bears blanket, and it’s truly the one present that has endured over time. I find myself using it almost every day, especially during this chilly weather in Chico. It’s a simple yet thoughtful gift, demonstrating an appreciation for my passion as a sports fan and ensuring I stay comfy while indulging in it. Check them out on Amazon, it’s probably your best way to find them.

Haston Paul

Cal State Chico '24

Haston is currently a 25-year old student at Chico State. He grew up in Los Angeles. Haston loves the color navy blue, In n Out, and the ocean. He has a passion for romance and poetry, the moon, and meeting new people. He enjoys stargazing and practices fortune telling! He spends most days in solitude, listening to music and writing about his daydreams. Haston's Horoscope Chart: Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign): Sagittarius - 7th House (28° 8') Ascendant / Rising Sign: Gemini (19° 22') Moon Sign: Virgo - 4th House (7° 32') Mercury Sign: Sagittarius - 7th House (21° 51') Venus Sign: Aquarius - 8th House (3° 1') Mars Sign: Aquarius - 8th House (1° 21') Outer Planets: Jupiter Sign: Aquarius - 9th House (19° 51') Saturn Sign: Aries - 11th House (13° 32') Uranus Sign: Aquarius - 9th House (6° 30') Neptune Sign: Capricorn - 8th House (28° 32') Pluto Sign: Sagittarius - 6th House (6° 21')