This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

There are so many amazing shows on TV right now that range from all sorts of different genres. Winter is the perfect time to snuggle up with a blanket and binge watch TV for hours, especially over our long-and-awaited break. These are a few shows that you can sit and binge for hours!

1. The Vampire Diaries

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve rewatched The Vampire Diaries. Whenever the weather starts to get cold, it’s always the number one show I’m keeping up with. The love triangle, lovable characters, and the supernatural aspects of the show always reel me back in.

2. Daisy Jones & the Six 

Riley Keough and Sam Claflin in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell/Prime Video

Daisy Jones & the Six is a documentary style show that follows the life of Daisy Jones and her bandmates as they become one of the biggest bands in the world, documenting their unfortunate but eventful fallout. The show features bits about the band members’ lives and relationships, showing a main focus on the love triangle between Daisy, Billy and Camila. 

3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 

If you’re looking for a lighter and funnier show to watch, this is the perfect choice for you. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel follows the life of a New York house wife within the 50’s who finds out she has a talent for stand-up comedy and pursues a career which at the time, made many raise a brow. 

4. Outer banks

If you’re anything like me, the first two weeks of winter are nice and cozy, but when the temperature drops low enough, the only thing on my mind is sunshine and summer. When I begin to feel this way, I turn on Outer Banks. This show follows four teenagers who are on a hunt for a legendary treasure which protagonist, John B, believes is connected to his fathers disappearance. 

belly, conrad, and jeremiah in the summer i turned pretty season 2
Erika Doss/Prime Video

5. The Summer I Turned Pretty

If you haven’t already watched The Summer I Turned Pretty, you need to! This series, based on the books by Jenny Han, follows Belly Conklin and the summer her life changed. This series includes blossoming relationships, many tears and heartbreaks, along with constant hits by everyone’s favorite– Taylor Swift. Not only does this show focus on teenage love lives, is also includes a life-long friendship between two women and their children. 

6. The Sex lives of College girls 

This show centers on the lifestyles of four college freshmen as they navigate the challenges and hardships of college and adulthood. This series includes everything, from the discovery of each individuals sexuality to the friendships and relationships they experience in college. 

7. How i met your mother

How I met your Mother is 100% my personal favorite TV show of all time and I recommend for everyone to watch it in their early adulthood. This sitcom begins with Ted Mosby telling his children the story of how he met their mother. What they don’t know, however, is that he will share with them is the life he lived from 2005-2013, with the many ups and downs, heartbreaks, and realizations he went through that ultimately led him to find his wife.

8. Normal People

Normal People is heart-wrenching, but in the best way possible. It tells the story of two teenagers who live very different lives in high school but then, in a way, switch lives when they later reconnect in college. This show dives very deep into the inconsistencies of relationships and communication between young adults. Their relationship gives the viewers an insight on the complications that may seem minuscule but affect the character in a massive way. 

9. The crown

This series is a historical drama that follows the lives of the British Monarchy. It includes everything including the many scandals, deaths, and political rivalries that the monarchy faces. It begins with Queen Elizabeth II and her ruling, while including the romances and affairs of the rest of the royal family. 

10. Yellowstone

There was no way I wasn’t going to include Yellowstone in this list. This story focuses on the Dutton Family and lengths they must go through to protect their ranch that has been in their family for decades. It shows a bit of everything, from family, cowboy-ing, and relationships amongst the characters. And of course, it features John Dutton and the political roles he must take on in order to protect his family and the ranch.

Jireh Galvan

Cal State Chico '26

Jireh Galvan is a second-year student at Chico State, majoring in Psychology. She is originally from a city in the Bay Area called Vallejo, about 45 minutes from San Francisco. She loves the “small town” feeling she gets in Chico and how calm it is. Outside of school, she likes to watch movies, read, listen to music, and write. She has been writing since she was a freshman in high school and is very excited for this new opportunity that Her Campus has offered for her writing journey.