Wine Pairings for Every Day of ABC’s ’25 Days of Christmas’ Movie Marathon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Growing up, ABC’s 25 Days of Christmas Movie Marathon was an integral part of holiday prep. You would see presents accumulating under the tree, Christmas cards gathering on the table and you would watch ABC’s Christmas movie offering on the nightly. All. Month. Long. Let’s go back to that time. Let’s take in all the wonder ABC has to offer. But let’s add wine into the mix. Here we go. 

December 1

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

Malbec: Pour yourself some of this dry wine to go with this dry holiday comedy. 

December 2

The Santa Claus 

Riesling: Celebrate the German roots of Santa Claus with this German wine! 

December 3

Arthur Christmas

Chardonnay: Clear your mind of holiday stress with this light comedy and light white wine. 

December 4

The Holiday

Cabernet sauvignon: “Every girl’s best friend” (Direct quote from my sister). This movie is going to make you laugh. It is going to make you cry. When your boo’s not around grab some booze and lay around.

December 5

Jingle All the Way

Moscato: you’ll be bubbling with laughter watching this classic and drinking this dessert wine. 

December 6

The Polar Express

Treat yourself with a red wine hot chocolate. Make this sweet drink with some boxed wine, milk and chocolate. Or, you could just wait for Tom Hanks to bust through your door with a cart-full of this stuff. 

December 7

12 Dates of Christmas

In the spirit of this movie about reliving a day over and over again, finish off that Cab-Sav from the fourth day of Christmas – everyone’s favorite day of Christmas. 

December 8

Disney’s A Christmas Carol

Zinfindel: A dark wine for a dark story. 

December 9

DOUBLE FEATURE!

The Search for Santa Paws & Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups

With these family friendly flicks, grab a glass of Pinot Gris. It’s got a bite to it, but in a good way. Like, little puppy bites. It’s good, trust us. Don’t expect to have any left over. 

December 10

DOUBLE FEATURE PART TWO!

Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story & Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story 2

Merlot is a grown-up wine with a childlike flair. This pairing will have you feeling sentimental for your childhood toys.

December 11

Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story 3

Barbara Wine is similar to a merlot. It’s just silkier and juicier, like the plot of this beautiful movie. 

December 12

Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas

Gewürztraminer is a spooky wine for a spooky movie. It’s mysterious. It’s a crowd pleaser. It’s what you’re going to want to drink with this movie. 

December 13

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

Head on over to your nearest Chocolate factory for a bottle of Chocolat Rouge chocolate wine. Pairs well with chocolate. 

December 14

Home Alone 3

Fortified wine: Act like you’re home alone and add a little of your parents brandy into the mix. 

December 15

Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe

Champagne: Channel your inner Jenny McCarthy. Be a diva. Be classy; drink some Champagne. 

December 16

Home Alone: The Holiday Heist 

Let’s be real: this movie is the fifth in the series. No one cared how it turned out, so grab some two-buck chuck. Drink some terrible wine with a terrible movie.

December 17

Frozen 

Have some summer wine in the wintertime. Sangria it is. You’ll be singing about all the things you will do in the summer right along with Olaf. 

December 18

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Finish that bottle of Chocolat Rouge from day 13.

December 19

Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish

How about the fanciest wine we know. Can we interest you in some Sauvignon Blanc? Only the best for one of Richie’s pals.

December 20

The Year Without a Santa Claus

It’s a quirky movie. Have a quirky wine. Track down some Pinot Traje for some unique banana flavor. 

December 21

TRIPLE FEATURE!!!

Disney’s Prep & Landing, Disney’s Prep & Landing: Naughty Vs. Nice AND Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story That Time Forgot

These holiday shorts take you back to childhood, lets break out the juice boxes! Bandit Wines can provide you with a wonderful red wine blend. 

December 22

Jack Frost

Viognier: This white wine is almost as white and as full as Jack Frost when he turns into that snowman. Sorry for the spoiler.

December 23

Frosty’s Winter Wonderland

A classic wine for a classic movie: Pinot Noir. 

December 24

Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town 

Drink some Syrah wine and maybe Syrah Claus will be coming to your town. 

December 25

Elf

Tequila because you just made it through 24 days of wine, and you also made it through 24 hours of being with your family. Have a day off. Tequila.

Cooper is a 4th year history student at Cal Poly. He loves film, television, writing, and podcasts. Hey Nong Man.