Which SLO Bar Are You, Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

There are 13 zodiac signs, and each sign has its own strengths and weaknesses, just like your favorite SLO bars. This is how the zodiac signs match up to your local SLO watering holes:

Aries – Bull’s Tavern

Aries are so confident and strong that sometimes you can let your aggression get the better of you. Bull’s Tavern is a raucous spot that attracts hearty personalities looking for some fun.

Taurus – Black Sheep Bar & Grill

Taurus are known for being reliable and practical, just like the mood of the casual spot, Black Sheep. Both Black Sheep and Taurus are calm and collected, which makes this chill spot a local favorite for a quiet drink.

Gemini – The Library Lounge

One thing that comes to mind when thinking of Geminis is how adaptable and unpredictable you are. At the Library, you never quite know what’s going to happen next!

Cancer – Mother’s Tavern

Cancers are highly imaginative, which makes you a perfect fit for MoTav, everyone’s favorite place to laugh, dance and be merry. From light shows to awesome playlists, MoTav is a Cancer’s go-to hotspot.

Leo – Creeky Tiki Bar & Grill

Creeky Tiki is as generous with its drink specials, as Leos are in their everyday lives. Both provide a warm-hearted atmosphere that everyone wants to bask in. You never have a problem making friends with your cheerful demeanor.

Virgo – Frog & Peach Pub

Virgos are known for being loyal and hardworking, which make you identical to one of SLO’s favorite casual pubs. Frog & Peach’s relaxed environment never wavers and is always there when you need it.

Libra – McCarthy’s Irish Pub

McCarthy’s is what you could call a working-woman’s pub. Its casual, social atmosphere attracts the calm attitude of Libras who just want to chat and have a drink.

Scorpio – Marston’s

One of Scorpio’s main strengths is your resourcefulness. What is more resourceful than a calm, family-friendly restaurant transforming into a bumpin’ dance floor at night? Your passion matches the exciting attitude of Marston’s every time!

Ophiuchus – Blast Taproom

Ophiuchus are a newly discovered group and are highlighted by their synonymous diversity and unity. Blast Taproom is new to SLO, but brings together dozens of beers and even more people. You and Blast are the glue that holds everyone together for a great time!

Sagittarius – SLO Brew

You are idealistic and have a great sense of humor! SLO Brew’s recent makeover made it a hip place to hang out, while still remembering its humble roots. Sagittarius and SLO Brew totally bond over this vision of its future.

Capricorn – Novo Restaurant & Lounge

Capricorn’s are both disciplined and responsible, which make them really good at what they do. Novo is a pro at the bar business and runs like a well-oiled machine. Your efficiency and self-control make you a dream team!

Aquarius – Buffalo Pub & Grill

Your progressive and independent attitude make you the perfect match for Buffalo! From funky décor to showing old cartoons, Buffalo definitely stands out from the rest of the pack. Remind you of anyone? It’s an original, just like you!

Pisces – Sidecar Cocktail Co.

Both Pisces and Sidecar are gentle and artistic. You are calm and wise, but not boring! Craft cocktails are your thing and you appreciate Sidecar’s artsy ether.

You may not love every SLO bar equally, but you can at least appreciate the different zodiac personalities that each one subtly embodies. From calm to erratic, each oasis of alcohol has a special place in our hearts.

Stephanie is a senior at Cal Poly State University who dreams of going to law school (soon!). She is majoring in English, minoring in Linguistics, and also earning the TESL certificate. When she isn't writing, she can be found browsing Pinterest, hanging out with friends, and watching Netflix. Her special skills include level 3 procrastination and baking.