Where to Satisfy Your Late-Night Munchies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Next time it’s late and your stomach is growling, hit up one of these delicious local spots! Midnight snacks have never been so delicious or easy to find.

1. SLO Donut Company

You’re not a true Cal Poly student if you haven’t made a late night trip to this place! It is open 24 hours a day and has almost every kind of donut you can think of, including cookie crisp and lemon-filled donuts.

But when there are so many options, what’s the best?

“Definitely the old-fashioned maple donut,” Kristen Kowalczyk said. “Hands down, the best!”

If you haven’t tried one of SLO Donut Company’s delicious treats, stop by during late night — it’s still as busy as ever.

2. Domino’s

The classic Domino’s pizza on Foothill is open until 3 a.m. and delivers anything from 2-topping handmade pizzas to chocolate lava crunch cake, if you have a sweet tooth (and, let’s be real, who doesn’t?). They also offer chicken wings and pasta — meaning they’re perfect for every craving.

3. Boba Stop

Located on California, this perfect late night snack dive has any sweet tea or milk drink you could desire. It is open until 1 a.m. and also has a wide variety of dessert crepes, teas and milk teas. You can add Boba to almost any drink, including fruit-flavored slushies. Yum!

4. El Nabor

This Mexican restaurant is also located on California, closer to Mill. It is open until 3 a.m. from Thursday to Sunday.

“It has some of the greatest burritos I’ve ever had,” Alex Christie said.

It’s a great place to stop by after a fun night; the staff is always friendly, and it is a very affordable place to go for great food.

5. Pita Pit

If you are dreaming of a classic sandwich on your way home or after a late night of studying, this is the spot. They offer grilled meat pitas, veggie pitas and breakfast pitas. The best part is that the breakfast pitas are served anytime, which means you could snag one before they close at 3 a.m.

I am a first year Cal Poly journalism student! I am from Truckee, CA and I love to be outside and listen to reggae
Kayla Missman is a sophomore studying journalism at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Beyond serving as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Cal Poly, she works at Mustang News, the college newspaper, as a reporter and copy editor. Follow her on Twitter @kaymissman.