What Your Laptop Stickers Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

What you decorate your laptop with can say a lot about you! These stickers are permanent and travel everywhere you go on the sacred piece of technology which carries you through college. Are you a coffee addict? Have you visited every major national park? Do you travel a lot, are you into yoga, where do you come from, where do you work? What Organizations are you a part of? Let’s take an inside look at these little laptop tattoos and what they mean:

Coffee Stickers

You enjoy coffee, of course. Or you like the idea of enjoying coffee. You’ve been to every major coffee shop in town and splurged on those stickers to let everyone know how much you love drinkin’ the espresso. Right on, caffeine fiend. Let it power you through the academia of college.

Traveling Stickers

You like to let everyone know all of the cool places you’ve been. That girl sitting across from you in the library? Wow, she’s been to Glacier, Yosemite and Big Sur. What an explorer. There’s nothing to bring back fond memories of when you weren’t in the library like the reminder of the existence of the great outdoors through a sticker on someone’s laptop.

Restaurant Stickers

You like food, but I mean, who doesn’t? You particularly like these specific food places though as advertised by the stickers on your laptop which goes everywhere with you. At every right moment, they make you want a sandwich from High Street or a breakfast burrito from Louisa’s Place while you’re cramming for a math midterm. Maybe a trip there with all of your friends will make a good reward for after studying?  

Yoga or Gym Stickers

Yeah, you do lift, bro (or sis). You like to show off how you like to go exercise. Maybe these stickers will be an inspiration to you or to others to go to the Rec Center and burn off that previously mentioned breakfast burrito from Louisa’s Place, or the latte that you had downed from the coffee shop to study.

Greek Life or Other Organization’s Stickers

You have pride in your extracurricular activities – good for you! These stickers show off where you like to spend your free time when you aren’t studying and can be a great way to bring people together. You and your friend are both in ski club? You can bond and go ski together, or NOT ski and enjoy the other fun activities that these organizations enjoy doing together as a group! These stickers can also grab attention and encourage people to join your club or group.

So go ahead, stick some stickers on your laptop! Be proud to use them to show off who you are wherever you go on campus.

I am a Journalism student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo minoring in Integrated Marketing Communications, with a passion for writing and media. My blog can be found at https://adulthoodinslo.wordpress.com/ and I can be reached at Mollyobrien1996@att.net.