Valentine’s Day Specials in SLO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Spending Valentine’s Day with your sweetie or your best girl friends? Enjoy a night out with the people you care about over the best eats San Luis Obispo has to offer. 
If your boyfriend or best friend has a taste for ethnic food, enjoy delicious Thai food at Thai Boat in San Luis Obispo. Not only will you be greeted by an exceptionally friendly server, but you’ll also be enjoying Thai food at a great price. Thai Boat is more casual than fancy, so don’t get too dressed up for dinner if you’re going here. My recommendation: Pad Thai and the Pineapple Curry. 

For a Valentine’s Day dinner for two, enjoy the special prix-fixe Valentine’s Day menu at Mother’s Tavern. A dinner for two includes a shared appetizer, two entrees, a shared dessert, and two glasses of wine (if you’re 21 and over), all for $50. Interested in spending a romantic evening together with great food at MoTav? Peruse the menu here and if you choose to go to MoTav, get dressed up for the evening and enjoy your dinner. 

Local restaurants Mama’s Meatball, serving Italian food, and Luna Red, a tapas bar and restaurant, are also serving a special Valentine’s Day prix-fixe menu. However, their special menus are a little bit pricier, with Mama’s Meatballs being $60 a person (the menu can be found here) and Luna Red’s at $50 a person (menu can be found here).

If you and your man are total foodies and love trying new places, check out TASTE Catering and Eatery. The casual eatery just opened about a month ago on 2900 Broad St. In addition to soups, salads, TASTE offers an assortment of 11 different bruschetta combinations, mac and cheese combos, and sliders at prices that won’t break you or your man’s budget. 

Finish off your dinner with dessert.  On Valentine’s Day, nothing quite hits the spot than chocolate. Surprise your best girl friends or your sweetie with some delicious, fair trade and organic chocolate from Mama Ganache Artisan Chocolates on Monterey St. You’ll find individually wrapped chocolates, seasonal Valentine’s Day chocolates and gifts, and a wine and chocolate gift set. 

If you’d like something fancier than chocolates, have your cake and eat it too at Madonna Inn’s Copper Café and Bakery. While the bakery is most popular for their cakes served year round – Black Forest, Pink Champagne, Banana-Nut, Lemon Coconut, Raspberry Delight, and Toffee Crunch cake – they also whip up special heart-shaped cakes for Valentine’s Day. 

Have a happy and delicious Valentine’s Day! 

Leila is a second-year at Cal Poly, majoring in journalism with a concentration in public relations and a minor in graphic communication. She loves writing and is obsessed with fashion, looking to Vogue for fashion inspiration. Along with Her Campus, she represents Cal Poly's College of Liberal Arts (CLA) as a CLA Ambassador while involved in the public relations committe. She is also an active member of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not writing, Leila enjoys spending time updating her blog she created, visiting the beach, and shopping with friends. She loves social media and is addicted to Twitter - @leiladurmaz