Life > Experiences

Upcoming events at Cal Poly’s Performing Arts Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Woohoo, we made it to spring quarter! Why not celebrate your accomplishments by watching a live play or lol-ing just a few steps away from your dorm. From first-hand experience, the Performing Arts Center, or the PAC, is a great venue filled with snacks, air conditioning and comfortable seats. It is also good for a first date or fun with friends. You’ll definitely love it! Here are some upcoming performances at Cal Poly’s very own Performing Arts Center.

Friday, April 15th- TEDx San Luis Obispo: Transcending the Norm

Speakers from all over the state, including a global space systems engineer and a fourth-year psychology major at San Jose State University, are coming to help create bonds and provoke discussion amongst us students.

Thursday, April 21st- RENT- the musical

The Tony-award and Pulitzer-prize winning musical is making its way towards Cal Poly for its farewell tour. You do not want to miss it!

May 12th-21st- Cal Poly Theater & Dance, Sometimes the Rain, Sometimes the Sea

A reimagined version of The Little Mermaid exploring the roles of love, fantasy and reality. 

Wednesday, May 18th- National Geographic Live: Hilaree Nelson, Point of No Return

Hilaree Nelson, expedition leader, talks on the mental struggles she and her team had while climbing Southeast Asia’s highest point.

Thursday, May 19th- Menopause The Musical!

Women have been laughing over this musical for the past 18 years. Take your mom, take your grandma or take your roommates. Every woman can relate to this musical in some way!
There are too many wonderful productions to mention in my little article. Head on over to the PAC website to explore more options if you are interested!

Clare Zianno

Cal Poly '24

Hi everyone!! I am a 4th year English major at Cal Poly, editorial staff member at CP Her Campus, and love everything and anything pop culture.