The Ultimate Fall Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Fall is all about cozying up with a hot Pumpkin Spice Latte while reading your favorite novel, and listening to indie-folk songs while frolicking through colorful leaves. There’s a certain feeling one gets when the temperature gets colder, and for us, that feeling is matched perfectly with dreamy songstresses and guitar-lead ditties. We’ve compiled a playlist that we think embodies the nostalgic and happy feeling that autumn brings along.

These songs range from electro-pop slow burns to classic singer-songwriter melodies. All together, they create a sense of warmth that pairs perfectly with chilly nights (or the pretend chilly nights made possible by your fan, thanks SLO weather).

Shuffle this playlist when you’re writing an essay, doing laundry or sitting contemplating life. No matter what the circumstances… If it’s fall, then this playlist will fit any mood you may be in. There’s some Glass Animals and Troye Sivan for those of you who like psychedelic-sounding beats driven by synth. Or maybe you’re more of a Bon Iver and Lewis Watson kinda gal, who likes letting their crooning voices lull you to sleep. Whatever you fancy, we think you’ll find something on this list to satisfy your fall music needs.

1. “EASE” by Troye Sivan, Broods

2. “Creature Fear” by Bon Iver

3. “Gooey” by Glass Animals

4. “Drive” by Halsey

5. “Let It Go” by James Bay

6. “Work Song” by Hozier

7. “Deadwater” by Wet

8. “Stones Around the Sun” by Lewis Watson

9. “Hopeless Wanderer” by Mumford & Sons

10. “Never Wanna Know” by MØ

11. “Machine” by Scott Helman

12. “XO” by John Mayer

13. “Georgia” by Vance Joy

14. “Heartbeats” by Jose Gonzales

15. “Cold Sweat” by Yøuth

16. “Autumn Leaves” by Ed Sheeran

Now that you’re equipped with the perfect playlist, it’s time to get to Spotify. Happy listening, friends!

Amy Rush

Cal Poly

Frances is a third year currently studying Journalism and French at Cal Poly SLO. She hails from the Bay Area where you can usually find her in her local Philz, chugging a caffeinated drink. She is a firm proponent of boybands, rain, Shonda Rhimes shows and the occasional In N' Out run.