The Perfect Mocktails to Drink Poolside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Still waiting to turn 21? Same here! In the meantime, here are some mocktails you can drink laying out by the pool. 

Love bananas and feeling like you are in Hawaii? The Frozen Bahama Mama is the drink for you! Split it with a friend or put it in a cute glass (the Dollar Store sells fancy glasses) and you have your perfect poolside drink! 

Playing mermaids while sipping on Mermaid Lemonade sounds like the perfect combo. This drink includes a color changing ombre effect from yellow to blue. Channel your inner mermaid and try this drink. 

We can not forget about our classic Shirley Temple! With some grenadine and Sprite, you can recreate your childhood favorite. Do not forget to add in a cherry, a fun paper straw, or maybe a lime for an extra twist. 

Lover of chocolate and martini glasses? Try the Chocolate Martini Mocktail! This drink is more of a milkshake but still a classy-looking poolside sipper. 

Not doing much on a summer day and am looking for something to craft? Take an hour to make the Cranberry-Lime Mocktail. Do not forget to sugar the rim and add in a sliced lime and cranberries to float in your drink!

If you are a little crunched for time before your pool party and forget to make your drinks, fear not: your local grocery store sells tasty poolside beverages. 

A favorite drink of mine is the Safeway Signature Select Sparkling Water Beverage. These refreshments normally have a $1 for 10 deal going on at most stores. There is a wide range of flavors so you will definitely find what you like. I recommend the Orange Creme one; it is delicious and tastes just like an orange dreamsicle! Also, for my soda haters, you will love this flavored water because there is not as much carbonation!

My mother and brother are huge fans of drinking Bublys poolside. These are also available at just about any grocery store and run inexpensive as well. If you are a carbonation lover, these are the drinks for you. If you are a fan of Michael Buble, check out his commercial for this drink, it is pretty funny! 

I hope you enjoy your poolday alongside friends kicking it at the Poly Canyon Village pool or bringing these sippers to the beach. It is starting to feel like summer!

Clare Zianno

Cal Poly '24

Hi everyone!! I am a 4th year English major at Cal Poly, editorial staff member at CP Her Campus, and love everything and anything pop culture.