She’s a cross between Zooey Deschanel, Taylor Swift & Meryl Streep, Meet Aja Frost: Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Meet Aja Frost, second-year English major and one of the Campus Correspondents (Editors-in-Chief) for Her Campus Cal Poly. Our latest Campus Cutie gave me the low-down on everything from her hopes and dreams to how the Firestone tri-tip sandwich ended her five-year streak as a vegetarian.

Her Campus: What is your dream job?

Aja Frost: Ahhhh! I hate this question! Editor-in-Chief of a magazine? Dictator of a small yet prosperous country? It’s all up in the air right now.

HC: Why did you join Her Campus?

AF: I read HC as a high-schooler and always dreamed of being involved, so when I came to Cal Poly I reached out to Kayla (last year’s CC) about joining the team.

HC: Tell us about your experience as an HC intern this past summer.

AF: Two words: nail-polish wall. Or is that three? Anyways, working at HC HQ was SO MUCH FUN—the least of it being the super girly, super awesome office. I learned an incredible amount about the editorial process and the ins and outs of running a huge online publication. I also got to go to NYC, so that was cool.

HC: Who would play you in a movie about your life?

AF: Hmm… Probably Zooey Deschanel. We’re both pretty weird, love to talk, have a thing for vintage/quirky clothes, and do weird things like dance and sing while we cook.

HC: What is your personal anthem?

AF: Right now it’s Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. #noshame

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in SLO?

AF: I just rediscovered meat (after being a vegetarian for 5 years) sooo probably getting a tri-tip sandwich from Firestone.

HC: What is your favorite pastime?

AF: Write. Seriously, I’m addicted. I get antsy if I can’t think of a topic to write about.

HC: What is you favorite memory from your first year at Cal Poly?

AF: Probably all the random moments laughing with my roommate and best friend, Fina. That girl cracks me up.

HC: You have a time travel machine for 48 hours, where are you going to go?

AF: The future, duh! I can read about the past in a book, so I’d much rather discover what’s gonna go down in the next, say, 1000 years.

HC: What is your favorite food?

AF: Baby carrots. My palms are orange, I eat so many.

HC: If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?

AF: Easy, Hermione Granger. Even when I’m rereading the HP books when I’m 75, I will still look up to Hermione.

HC: What is your favorite movie and why?

AF: Life Is Beautiful. I’m not going to say why, because if you’ve seen it, you know why, and if you haven’t, GO WATCH IT!

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment?

AF: I’m constantly embarrassing myself, so this is a toughie. Probably when I asked a guy out… in front of his girlfriend. If you google my name, you’ll find the essay I wrote for xoJane about it.

HC: If you could co-star with anyone in a movie, who would it be and what’s the genre?

AF: Zac Efron, a Nicolas Sparks movie, for obvious reasons.

HC: You’re the headlining artist for a concert, who opened for you?

AF: Maybe Laura Marling… Or Ingrid Michaelson… or Marina & the Diamonds… Those girls understand my soul.

HC: Date, marry or one night stand with: Channing Tatum, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ryan Gosling?

AF: Channing Tatum: one night stand. Ryan Gosling: date. Joseph Gordon-Levitt: I’m seriously obsessed with him, so marry. I can’t imagine seeing that face every day… I’d probably self-combust.

HC: What is your ideal adventure?

AF: Going to a new city and exploring it with someone. Trying new restaurants, finding random places, talking to strangers…

HC: What is your ideal date?

AF: I just had a good one! We got bbq and ate it on the pier and talked. I’m pretty simple; I like food and good conversation.

HC: What would you do with a million dollars?

AF: Pay my tuition and give the rest to my parents. I’d probably buy some nude peep-toe Louboutins as well.

HC: Which Hollywood Golden Age leading lady would you be?

AF: Is it sad I don’t know what that is? Does Meryl Streep count? She’s pretty classy.

HC: What is your favorite quality in a person–physical and personality-wise?

AF: Physical: just a cute face. I don’t need rock-solid abs or anything. Personality-wise: it’s a split between lots of fun to talk to and sweet.

HC: A genie grants you three wishes, what are they?

AF: I’m not going to cheat and do the whole “ask for more wishes” thing, so 1) that my life and my family’s lives will always be happy and filled with spontaneous good things, 2) world peace (you have to), and 3)… I’m leaving three for an emergency.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Cal Poly/ SLO?

AF: Everyone here is so wonderful. It’s like we’re all drinking the happy water.

HC: What is the one piece of advice you would give to freshmen

AF: Don’t worry if this wasn’t your first-choice school or you’re not sure about your major. Trust me, it will work out. But please, do your homework and go to class, because if you don’t, then it actually might not work out.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

AF: On the East Coast, doing some sort of writing-related job, still running every day and spending too much on fancy groceries and cute clothes, loving life.

Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8