OMG, Suki Waterhouse is on a Roll!

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Suki Waterhouse, the “Good Lookingsinger, shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Waterhouse performed at both weekends of Coachella, released two new songs ahead of her first Coachella performance, and has been taking care of her newborn girl with her longtime partner Robert Pattinson, the Twilight actor. If you haven’t been keeping up to date on her life, where the heck have you been, loca?  

Waterhouse has graced us with two new songs: “My Funand “Faded.” “My Fun” offers a relaxed spring vibe while “Faded” features smooth acoustics and strings. The model and Daisy Jones and the Six actor started her music career in 2022 with the release of her debut album I Can’t Let Go, followed by her EP Milkteeth. Waterhouse spoke with Rolling Stone in January about her writing process: “It’s really about going against the intellect and into the instinct of the song.” She also said “That’s what I find so fascinating about writing. It’s really the most tedious, delicate process, so dependent on whether you can get out of your own way that day.”(Read more here!).

Her performances have been known to be ethereal and Coachella was no exception. She was a vision in white! The first weekend, Waterhouse donned a white fur coat with feathered sleeves when she performed in the Gobi tent, one of the more luxurious stages. The stage was dressed in flowy plants, large blooming flowers, and white “tea-time” furniture. Her performance took place at around 10:30 P.M. on Friday, April 12. She played fan favorites like “Nostalgia” and “Moves” and even played her new songs “OMG” and “Faded” for the first time in front of a live crowd.

At 10:30 P.M. On Friday, April 19, Waterhouse began the second weekend of her Coachella headliner debut. “Welcome to this magical garden, where everything is beautiful and nothing hurts,” Waterhouse said after she performed her hit song, “Moves.” She wore a white fur coat with a gold-glitter bodice, black tights, and knee-high, sparkle boots. Her performance was pure magic with a nighttime breeze blowing back her hair and the plants swaying with the wind. To close out her second weekend set, she sang “Good Looking” and said, “Just trust all the hot, good looking people you meet at Coachella and trust the good looking boys.” 

If you got the chance to see Waterhouse and all the other amazing artists perform in person or were like me and watched the Coachella livestream on Youtube, you probably agree that Waterhouse is someone “to love.”

Bella Cox

Cal Poly '26

Bella Cox is a second-year student at Cal Poly, majoring in Journalism. She is currently involved in Her Campus as a writer on the editorial team. Beyond her academic pursuits, she finds joy in exploring new places, immersing herself in literature, volunteering within her community, and journaling about life. She is eager to pursue a career where she can share her writing with as many people as possible, and maybe even travel while doing so!