Nine Sisters Horoscope: What’s Your Peak?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

We’ve all got our own quirks, fates and traits decided by the cosmos. But living in SLO—surrounded by the protective and mountainous Nine Sisters—have you ever wondered to yourself, “What’s my peak? My symbolic stone sister?” If you’ve never wondered such a particular thing, well—you are now. So, look no further, collegiettes! Here’s your corresponding volcanic plug as told by your zodiac sign.

Morro Rock: Gemini (May 21 – Jun. 20)

Like the well-known, 576 foot tied island just offshore of Morro Bay, you’ve got two sides to your rock. Towards the top, things can get a bit dry (though this doesn’t stop the nesting of a handful of brave birds, unfazed by the harshness of the terrain). Down by its base, Morro Rock is absolutely full of life with its cool, wet tide pools housing countless creatures of all shapes and sizes. You are a home of solace to souls of all sorts, which makes your communicative and versatile nature almost a mirror image of Morro Rock’s all-inhabiting environment. I mean, who doesn’t want to be your friend?

Black Hill: Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18)

Like the peculiarly-located forest of pines that live on Black Hill, your desire for freedom and a constriction-less liberty to grow surpasses normalcy. The second to last sister in the series has an all-encompassing view not only of the land around it, but also of the vast and sparkling ocean. This panoramic sight reflects your own tendency to see possibilities in every direction, a driving force in your motivation as a progressive and a visionary. But keep an eye on yourself; the rumored black tar seep in which the mountain gets its name exists in you, as well. Although merely a reminder of imperfection, it is wise to stay humble.

Cerro Cabrillo: Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)

A keen attention to detail connects you to the distinctly rugged and rocky shape of Cerro Cabrillo’s peak. Similar to the way one should go about hiking this particular mountain, you have a methodical and analytical approach to life. You identify with the varying slopes and peaks of Cerro Cabrillo, and often find the differing levels of your own personality to be often misunderstood. Nonetheless, the multilayered ruggedness of the summit—much like yourself—has its very own kind of order. Those who know it well, like the hikers and rock-climbers who regularly visit the mountain, appreciate and cherish it dearly.  

Hollister Peak: Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21)

Your secretive nature is remarkably evident in Hollister Peak’s private and restricted access. Though the darkest of all the signs, you also have a deepness about you that mirrors Hollister Peak’s spiritual significance and its immense appearance from afar. This tall stature resembles your passion and your fierceness—both which can be intimidating and alluring all at once. Many want to approach you and get to know what’s behind those mysterious eyes, but only a few have the courage.

Cerro Romauldo: Aries (Mar. 21 – Apr. 19)

Energetic and just the right amount of wild, you very much fit with Cerro Romauldo’s athletic purposes as used by the National Guard. With trainees constantly running up and down the peak’s strenuous trails, your dynamism is projected with every step towards their (and your own) greatness. In addition to your propensity for aggression, you are also all about action. And with a military base as its home, Cerro Romauldo’s heroic location aligns almost perfectly with your courageous and determined heart, ready to fight for success at any moment.

Chumash Peak: Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21)

Your curiosity radiates in Chumash Peak’s unique shape and structure. With a name honoring the original inhibitors of the San Luis Obispo County, the Chumash Native Americans, the peak’s historical significance emulates your insatiable enthusiasm for travel, exploration and discover the meaning life. Optimism and extroversion are your strong suits, and although it’s not the largest of the summits, Chumash Peak’s robust appearance is something you more than likely respect. 

Bishop Peak: Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19) & Leo (Jul. 23 – Aug. 22)

As natural-born leaders, you two are mirror-images of Bishop Peak’s monumental and all-seeing presence. The road up is rocky due to your stubborn seriousness and inflexible natures, but once you reach the top—oh boy, is it worth it! Self-confidence exudes from you like the sun’s rays onto the Peak’s boulder-covered summit. There isn’t anything you can’t do, and climbing to the top of the tallest of the Nine Sisters is most definitely not excluded!

Cerro San Luis: Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22) & Taurus (Apr. 20 – May 20)

As two lovers of all things beautiful, the home to Madonna Inn, groves of orange and lemon trees and a gorgeous, centering view of San Luis Obispo is more than perfectly your match. Music, art and festivities occur at the base of the mountain almost every day of the week, just like in your creative and colorful lives! Both signs cherish company and harmony, and as reflected in Cerro San Luis’ city-wide popularity, the love that illuminates from the community around you absolutely fuels your fire.

Islay Hill: Cancer (Jun. 21 – Jul. 22) & Pisces (Feb. 19 – Mar. 20)

As two extremely emotionally-ruled signs, Islay Hill’s approachable nature reflects your sensitive tendencies. Like its not-so-strenuous, yet rewarding trail, your strong intuitions both about yourself and the world around you offers the perfect height for new perspective. Both signs have the growing and meaningful power of compassion and empathy, which the mountain’s lush and soft appearance seems to exude; even from a distance, you appear to be full of life, love and loyalty.

Zoe Magno

Cal Poly

Zoe Magno is a second year English major studying at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She loves cats, vegan ice cream, and reveling in the absurdity of life. Joining Her Campus has not only given her an opportunity to find solace as a shy-yet-wordy writer, but a school year full of the loveliest memories. You can discover an even more creative side of Zoe on Instagram at @zomag.