Red Bricks
Red Bricks
Original photo by Nicole Poirier
Life > Experiences

Need A Study Break? These are the Best Walks On Cal Poly SLO’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.
  1. The Cal Poly Arboretum 

The Leaning Pine Arboretum is located back by the baseball fields, across from the horse stables. The beauty of forest-bathing allows you to clear your mind and be surrounded by the plants and trees. There is a big patch of grass in the middle of the Arboretum where you can picnic or lay out and catch some sun. You can even stop by the Cal Poly Plant shop while you are there and pick up a new plant for your room or fresh flowers for your valentine. 

1. Walk to The Intramural Fields

If you start at Campus Market, walk all the way to the baseball fields and continue walking straight once you pass the fields. Start to veer left on the sidewalk once the road starts to veer right. If you keep following the sidewalk, you will end up on a huge grassy field that includes two softball diamonds, soccer goals and workout equipment. You will probably find a random ball on the field that you can kick around while you are walking here. A major plus to this walk is that it has a wonderful view of Bishops. 

1. The Walk To Poly Canyon Village

If you are in the heart of campus and are looking for a nice walk before your next class, head on over to PCV. You will get a nice view of the P and the mountains surrounding. You can even pre-order an iced coffee from Einsteins so you have a pick-me-up for once you finish your walk. 

1. Architecture Graveyard

Architecture Graveyard might seem like a never-ending hike, but it is actually a very peaceful walk if you stop right before it gets too “hilly”. Catch the trailhead as you approach PCV and turn back once you see the entrance for Arch. Graveyard. This is a flat walk that runs along the creek and has a lot of shade for hot California days. 

We Mustangs have a campus where people in other parts of the world can only imagine. Everywhere on campus is beautiful! Whether it is going from class to class or getting fresh air, there truly are no bad walks. Take advantage of the good weather, open your window for fresh air and enjoy the outside. 

Clare Zianno

Cal Poly '24

Hi everyone!! I am a 4th year English major at Cal Poly, editorial staff member at CP Her Campus, and love everything and anything pop culture.