Style > Beauty

My Thoughts on The New Hailey Bieber Phone Case

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Whether you have heard about Hailey Bieber or not, her influence can be seen everywhere on social media. From the glazed donut nail trend to her take on “strawberry makeup,” Mrs. Bieber has undoubtedly taken the throne as our generation’s newest trendsetter. 

Ever since Hailey Bieber’s beauty brand Rhode made its debut in 2022, people have been purchasing everything that she has to offer. Her most popular product is her Rhode peptide lip treatment which seems like it is constantly sold out online. With the launch of her new tinted lip treatments, the hype has only increased. As the brilliant businesswoman she is, Hailey has just recently released her new “Lip Case,” a phone case that holds the Rhode peptide lip treatment or tint. Her announcement of the launch took the internet by surprise as it is something that has never been seen before. The case is sold for $35 and you can join the wait-list on the Rhode beauty website to purchase it on February 27th before they sell out. It is a silicone case for your phone that has unique grooves to keep your lip balm on hand, literally. Compatible with iPhone 14 or 15 Pro/Pro Max, this phone case allows you to carry Rhode everywhere you go. 

I have to give it to Hailey, she knows what she is doing when it comes to marketing her brand. What this case essentially does is allow her customers to become walking advertisements for the brand. Anytime you put your phone down or use it to take a picture, people will see Rhode. It also fuels consumers to repurchase more of the lip treatment to replace when the old one runs out. Not only that, the case’s unique design will undoubtedly prompt questions from those unfamiliar with the concept and lead to yet another promo for Hailey. 

While the case solves the issue of having a lip product on hand at any moment without having to wear a purse, it has received some criticism for its outward appearance. Some note that the indent looks strange and the case is unnecessary. Others have complained on Instagram that this is consumerism at its finest, buying random things to fulfill the newest trends. I can see how this case can create some debate, but I do think it is a creative launch. If people can put wallets on their phones, why not put some lip balm on them as well? Whether or not you like the case, it is clear that Hailey Bieber has made yet again another impression on the internet.

Chiana Kelly

Cal Poly '27

Chiana is a first-year Business Major at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She is currently involved in Her Campus as an editorial writer and a member of Delta Gamma and other Cal Poly clubs such as Distance Club and Young Life. Chiana loves ceramics, running, the beach, and surfing. She is always down for a good time with friends and family!