Makeup Holiday Releases: Everything You Need to Know About Sephora’s Holiday Sets and Why You Should Stock Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Every holiday season, Sephora releases numerous limited edition makeup sets to be sold both online and in stores. Here are three holiday sets that you should look out for this year!

background:white”> Urban Decay Vice3- $60

background:white”>

background:white”>Many people know of Urban Decay’s incredibly popular Naked pallets, which feature 12 eye shadow shades, all of which fall into the neutral color family. Vice3 contains 20 eye shadows, some of which are neutral, and some are bright, fun colors. This set comes with a limited edition makeup bag and a double-sided eye shadow brush. While the price may seem steep, this set has a lot to offer. Urban Decay eye shadows are incredibly high quality, and if you break down the price, each eye shadow is being sold for less than $3 (individual Urban Decay eye shadows retail for $18). The set also comes with a makeup bag and two brushes. This limited edition set will sell out quickly, so it’s better to pick it up sooner rather than later!

background:white”>

background:white”> Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler- font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif””>$60

background:white”>As far as I am concerned, this holiday set is an absolute must-buy for any fragrance enthusiast. The product itself includes 14 small sample sizes of Sephora’s best-selling perfumes and a voucher. The voucher is good for a larger bottle of your favorite perfume from the set. While the $60 price tag may seem steep, this set is actually a total steal. First, 14 perfume samples will last most people quite a long time. The fragrances that are featured in this set are extremely high quality, so one or two spritzes of any one of them will last on a person for hours. The samples will take a fair amount of time to finish, and once you do, you can attain a larger bottle of a best selling fragrance.

background:white”> 

background:white”>All of this for $60? Think about it this way, if you bought a 1.7 oz bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy, you would be paying $75. But if you purchase this set, you can attain a 1.0 oz bottle of this fragrance, and .67 ounces of other fragrances. You are paying $15 less for .03 oz less product. This set also makes a wonderful gift, as buying fragrances for people can be really tricky. The recipient of this gift has the luxury of trying many different scents, and being able to pick which one they receive a larger bottle of. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. This set has sold out before Christmas day year after year, so buying it early is a must.

background:white”>

background:white”> 

background:white”>Sephora Favorites: Meet Your Match- font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif””>$25This is the perfect purchase for a girl on a budget. It includes three mini nail polishes and three mini lip products from an assortment of high-end brands and colors. The variety of colors that are featured make this set the perfect gift, as any recipient is bound to find a color that they love

background:white”>and a color that they are trying for the first time. 

background:white”>

background:white”>Get shopping, collegiette!

background:white”>

Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8