This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Name: LeeAnne Morris

Major: Graphic Communication

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Elk Grove, CA

Relationship status: Single

Celebrity crush: Zach Galifianakis (the dude’s funny)

Spirit animal: Horse

Fun fact about yourself: I can read and write in Japanese こんにちは、美しい(Hello Beautiful)!

Her Campus: What do people say is your best quality?

My ability to go with the flow of things. I am easy going, love interacting with people and am addicted to laughing!

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

On campus I work at the web offset lab (University Graphic System) where I print the Mustang News every Sunday night starting from 9:30 pm until around 1:00am. Printing is a form of art, it is remarkable how much time and detail goes into the production of the Mustang News! Also, I am apart of Mat Pica Pi, which is a social club for graphic communication students.

HC: Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Hopefully, by then I will be successful in whatever career I decide to pursue, whether working for an advertising firm in San Francisco or crossing items off of my bucket list. I should probably get started, actually…

HC: Who has had the greatest influence on your life?

My mom has always been a figure that has greatly influenced me. She has become extremely successful in her career and remains passionate about it! She has always told me ‘I need to work for what I want  in life and be a go-getter,’ which is where I get my drive for success. Also, she makes a pretty mean spaghetti.

HC: If we were to give you a million dollars what is the first thing you would spend it on?

Man, a million dollars is a lot! I would have to be paying off the large amount of debt that I will be in after college. Yep, that’s a good start!

HC:  If you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go and why?

I would go to Kenya to the Giraffe Manor, where giraffes roam the hotel grounds. I love the rich culture and being immersed in an environment that is far different than anywhere else.

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

Guys take notes here, this goes for every girl. Ask your date out in person, not by text — traditional is the best way to go. Personally, something adventurous, such as hiking, where the conversations come easy rather than over an expensive dinner that makes both parties feel a bit awkward.

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

When there is lack of proper communication where the relationship is more over text and social media. Another thing is that guys think girls are complicated. I guess guys really do believe girls are from Jupiter and men are from Mars. Just show interest in us; it is as easy as that.

HC: If your last name was an adjective what would it mean?

Independent — it is just liberating!

LeeAnne is a cutie, and a wonderful photographer as well! Check out these awesome pictures she has taken from her hometown:

Hi everyone! I'm Allie, I am a second year Sociology major minoring in Spanish and Statistics at Cal Poly SLO. I absolutely love living on the central coast. Family, friends, chai tea, Aziz Ansari, kittens, and smiling people are some of my favorite things! 
Hi everyone! My name is Austin and I am a second year sociology major from Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, California! I have wonderful roommates, a fun family, genuine friends, but most of all I treasure my constantly evolving relationship with God. I like to learn, play piano, run, and just hang out with my loved ones. Someday, I hope that I can change the face of education in the United States so that there is more equality of opportunity in our wonderful country. I'd like to leave you with two quotes, one from my favorite person: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." -Jesus Christ and one from my favorite elf... well he's really a human raised by elves... "I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite" -Buddy the elf Okay, have a great, loving, and smile-filled day! Love you all!
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.