This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.
College—it’s a buffet of all sorts of wonderful treats. From creamy and smooth to tongue-blisteringly spicy, there exists a broad spectrum of flavors at Cal Poly. The following list is by no means a generalization but merely humorous observations made by the author and her pals:

Aerospace: Milky Way

– You probably have a bunch of work to get done tonight, so you’re going to make the best of it. You’re universally well-liked by your peers, you’re smooth when graphing the physics behind plane wings and you need a sugar boost to get you to the stars and beyond. You’re a class-A Milky Way.

Architecture: Caffeine Pills

– You don’t mess around. Between studio and…studio, you need caffeine that acts quickly to keep your mind focused. Not only are you the sharpest tool in the shed, but you’re also efficient, stylish and determined to finish what you started. It’s likely that you chase your caffeine pill with a cup of coffee. 

Biology: Tofu

– The possibilities are endless with tofu, much like the field of biology. You can spice it up and become a doctor or keep it mellow and become a botanist. Maybe you’ll make tofu-fish soup and become a marine biologist. Regardless of where your tofu takes you, you’re extremely adaptable and honest. No frills, no fuss.

Bus: Payday

– You like to get money, get paid.

Child Development: Honey

– Much like honey, your sweet personality gets the job done. Not only can you ward off germs with your antimicrobial properties but also you make everything you touch that much better. You are the nectar of the gods.

Civil Engineering: Jawbreakers

-Tough to break, speckled with colorful ideas and layered with well-designed infrastructure, you are the famous jawbreaker. You’re well rounded and trustworthy but if someone tries tapping into your secrets, they’ll have to pay spicy tofu a visit.

Computer Science: Subway

– During endless nights in the CSL lab, the closest thing is Subway. For you, efficiency is key. Much like your favorite Subway sandwich at 1 am, you’re packed with interesting personality and questionable decisions. However, you know what works and what doesn’t, both on screen and on your sandwich. You’re a boss.

English: Charcuterie

– You enjoy indulging in the finer things in life and appreciate diversity of all forms, including that of meats and cheeses. Much like the beautiful sounding verses of a Shakespeare play, you play with the flavor notes on your tongue after sampling some prosciutto or Camembert. You’re classy AF.

Food Science/Nutrition: Sweet Potatoes

– There’s something satisfying about being friends with you. You’re soothing for the soul, wholesome and extremely loveable. You’re not pretentious, and you honestly care about the well being of others.

Graphic Communication: French Macaroons

– You can look at anything and instantly know how to make it look 10x better. You, my friend, are the French macaroon: full of flavor, creative beyond comprehension and precise in execution. Sometimes we wonder how we got blessed to have you around.

History: Bread

– You are, without a doubt, the ultimate homie. In times of crisis and in times of celebration, you’ve always been around for others. Throughout history, you’ve always managed to support others, pull the weight of group projects and lend a hand to your hangover friends.

Math: Mentos

-You’re really good at what you do and everyone wants a taste. You have a wonderful array of personalities but when you break your calculator out and pop a Mento, things get real, real fast. You’re hard to come by, but when you do, everyone knows who you are.

Poly Science: Takis

-You like to stir things up and get people thinking. You’re opinionated and can sometimes be very straightforward. Your political ideas may be new to some people—they may even be too spicy—but if you give others time to digest what you have to say, you tend to swing them in your favor. You’re charismatic about change.

No matter your major, no matter your snack, always remember to savor all that the Cal Poly buffet has to offer. So get out there and satisfy your cravings.
Anuja Argade is a fourth year Event Planning student studying at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. Her guilty pleasures include late night cereal, good olive oil and spiritual TED Talks (preferably in that order). At dinner parties you will find Anuja admiring the wall instead of socializing like a decent human being. When she's not at dinner parties, Anuja loves crafting things with her hands and hopes to one day build a barn for her potential pet goat. For business or pleasure, contact Anuja at anuja.argade@aol.com.  
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.