This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.
Photograph by Nesrine Majzoub
“I want you to watch this after I tell you about it, but there’s this animation. You know Salvador Dali, the surrealist, well, he did this collaboration with Walt Disney. It’s called Destino. It’s this beautiful animation and it’s just purely expressive. I don’t know, it doesn’t really follow a traditional storyline—it flows in such a beautiful and purely artistic way, and it made me tear up a bit.”

-Arianna 

Hunter Laningham is a fourth year English major at Cal Poly and her life never ceases to be interesting. She enjoys listening to rock music, writing various readable things, and spending time outdoors, primarily in forests. Hunter recently returned from an unexpected journey much like Bilbo's which, funnily enough, actually included a dragon. She loved her time in Central Europe and even made it to Iceland, but she's always happy to be back in SLO. Hunter is currently working on her first novel and hopes to finish it before she's 100. Catch her on campus, downtown, or on a mountain and strike up a conversation. She's friendly but shy, so just hold out your hand and talk softly and she'll come to you.
Nesrine suffers from a severe addiction to cereal and gets really jazzed about words, visuals, metaphors, and music. She's in her second year studying Sociology, Religous Studies, and Media Arts and Technology at the good, old Cal Poly SLO. If you stumble upon her in her natural habit, chances are she will either be cracking SpongeBob jokes, obsessing over mountains in Iceland, or mentally arguing with herself on whether or not this bio is sufficient.
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu